Clashes continue in SrinagarSeptember 13th, 2008 - 3:27 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Sept 13 (ANI): Violent clashes between security forces and agitators continued for the second day today in Maisuma area of Srinagar.
Several slogan-shouting protesters took out a procession from Maisuma locality. The protesters were intercepted by CRPF personnel who used batons to disperse them, triggering intense clashes as the agitators indulged in stone pelting, official sources said.
So far, there were no report of any injury in the clashes, but several persons were beaten up by paramilitary forces.
Meanwhile, curfew continued for the second day in Shopian and Baramulla district towns where one person each was killed in security forces” firing on protesters on Friday.
Curfew was imposed in Shopian after Imtiyaz Ahmad Ganai was killed in security forces” firing while scores of others were injured during the protests.
Baramulla district was also brought under curfew after a roadside vendor died after security forces opened fire.
On Friday, thousands of protesters led by Muhammad Yasin Malik chairman of the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF), clashed with police. (ANI)
- JKLF members clash with police in Srinagar - Feb 10, 2012
- Shutdown on JKLF founder's death anniversary - Feb 11, 2012
- Two critically injured in continuing Kashmir violence - Sep 12, 2010
- Police baton charge protesters in Srinagar - Jan 21, 2012
- Three killed in Kashmir as protesters defy curfew, toll 93 - Sep 17, 2010
- Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar (With image) - Jan 06, 2012
- Two injured in police firing during Kashmir protests - Feb 21, 2010
- Two killed, over 50 injured in violence across Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2010
- Protest over Yaseen Malik's arrest turns violent in Jammu and Kashmir - Apr 29, 2011
- Violence continues in curfew-bound Kashmir, toll four (Lead) - Jul 31, 2010
- Yasin Malik, supporters arrested in Srinagar (Lead) - Sep 30, 2011
- 25 including 11 cops wounded in fresh Kashmir violence (Lead) - Oct 19, 2010
- Five hurt in police firing in Srinagar - Aug 30, 2010
- Four killed, 47 injured in Kashmir Friday - Aug 13, 2010
- Separatist shutdown mars life in Kashmir - Jul 28, 2012
Tags: agitators, ahmad, imtiyaz, jammu, kashmir, liberation front, locality, muhammad yasin, paramilitary forces, procession, protesters, protests, security forces, slogan, violent clashes, yasin malik