Citibank fraud: Manager surrenders in GurgaonDecember 30th, 2010 - 3:53 pm ICT by ANI
Gurgaon, Dec 30 (ANI): Citibank manager Shivraj Puri, accused of cheating investors of around Rs. 400 crore, surrendered in Gurgaon on Thursday.
Puri, who worked at the bank’s Gurgaon branch as a relationship manager, is accused of siphoning money from 20 accounts of high net worth individuals.
A case of cheating and forgery was registered against Puri and the others DLF Phase-II Police Station on Monday night after Citibank lodged a formal complaint.
Puri had opened three accounts in a Gurgaon branch in the names of his relatives. He had asked customers to deposit money in these accounts under a scheme that promised double returns. But once money was deposited, Puri transferred it into his own account.
The fraud came to light after the bank probed certain suspicious transactions based on documents allegedly forged by an employee. (ANI)
- Citibank fraud: Gurgaon Police summons Puri's parents for interrogation - Jan 04, 2011
- Citibank fraud: Puri sent to judicial custody till Jan.28 - Jan 14, 2011
- Citibank fraud: Main accused Puri's remand extended till Friday - Jan 12, 2011
- Several parties involved in Citibank fraud, says Aggarwal - Jan 05, 2011
- Citibank fraud: Gurgaon Police registers FIR against Citi Group CEO Pandit - Jan 04, 2011
- Citibank manager who duped investors of Rs.100 crore untraced - Dec 29, 2010
- Rs.100 crore fraud unearthed in Gurgaon Citibank branch - Dec 28, 2010
- First complaint lodged in Citibank fraud case (Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- CitiBank fraud not a systemic failure: Mukherjee - Dec 29, 2010
- Citibank manager accused of $65 mn fraud surrenders (Roundup) - Dec 30, 2010
- Citibank manager who duped investors of Rs.200 crore untraced (Lead) - Dec 30, 2010
- First complaint lodged in Citibank fraud case, top brass named (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- 'Top brass involved in Citibank fraud' - Jan 05, 2011
- Citi banker accused of $65 mn fraud gets week-long police remand (Intro Roundup) - Dec 30, 2010
- Citibank manager's parents summoned by police - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: citibank, crore, forgery, formal complaint, fraud, gurgaon, high net worth individuals, investors, monday night, money, phase ii, police station, relationship manager, relatives, surrenders, suspicious transactions