Cisco and Wipro deliver new B2B services in IndiaNovember 25th, 2008 - 5:12 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, Nov 25 (ANI/Business Wire India): Cisco(r) and Wipro Infotech, the India and Middle East IT Business of Wipro Limited, today announced the successful completion of Wipro’’s full procurement suite of RosettaNet PIPs implementation at Cisco offices in India.
This successful B2B procurement suite integration allows sales teams from Cisco and Wipro to access real-time information on pricing and product catalog update, configuration and ordering processes, order status update and shipment notification.
The B2B integration between Cisco and Wipro procurement systems has resulted in multiple benefits:
– Significant reduction in time taken by Wipro to prepare and submit purchase orders to Cisco, resulting in an increase in Wipro’’s orders to Cisco
– Access to real time information, allowing proactive initiatives from Wipro for its customers
To further strengthen the association, both the companies will strategize and focus on areas where Wipro can take advantage of Cisco’’s internal B2B capabilities. This will enable Wipro to enhance productivity and streamline workflow.
Both the parties will tap into the strong mutual understanding derived through B2B engagement to work collaboratively on more mutually beneficial initiatives in other areas.
As Cisco and Wipro continue to develop innovative solutions that support specific vertical industry models such as healthcare, financial services, retail, real estate and transportation they will use this integrated B2B procurements solution.
Head of Operations-Wipro Infotech, Ravi Shankar R said, Our Internal approval process has been integrated with this system. Once the Purchase Order is released in Wipro SAP system, the Purchase Order is automatically routed to the Cisco server, avoiding dual order logging. The B2B Link Up with Cisco has been a spectacular success, implemented without major disruption in the day-to-day activities of the Sales and Operations teams. It has ushered in a sea change in the presales activities of not only the Networking Sales Team but the teams from other Lines of Business. Adherence to process has improved across the board - apprehensions on delays have made way to confidence in the accuracy & speed of the ordering system and in the ordering teams. This initiative has been a stepping stone to push automation in to the ordering process and develop competence in IS enabling of Order management - right from forecasting customer requirements to delivering correctly and in time.
This B2B implementation integrates the key business process by uniting the people, suppliers (Cisco), Payment Partner (GE) and Freight Forwarder (Panalpina). By engaging each of these companies in a common set of goals, it helps to achieve a pace and differentiate Wipro in the marketplace, thus enhancing productivity and value addition to all stakeholders.
According to Head of Channels and Commercial Strategy, Cisco India and SAARC, R. Dhamodaran, It is great to work with a Channel Partner who clearly sees the value of B2B. The recent implementation of the status solution is a perfect example to know that doing B2B in a dynamic environment is possible. This alliance will help enable Wipro to have a real time, customized to their needs, eye on the business. This is a huge productivity win for Wipro, and enhances the experience of their staff in doing business with Cisco. The demonstration of the value B2B brings totally aligns with the mutual objectives of growth, productivity and enhanced partner experience. (ANI)
- Wipro bags customer excellence award - Nov 29, 2011
- Wipro unveils slimmest ultrabook for Indian market - Feb 21, 2012
- Wipro, Oracle strengthen ties, to foster growth for customers - Sep 09, 2010
- Kerala firm inks deal with Italian cargo airline - May 26, 2011
- Wipro joins Google's cloud platform - Aug 27, 2012
- Nigerian bank deploys Infosys' Finacle software - Apr 16, 2012
- Namibian bank deploys Infosys core banking product - Mar 14, 2012
- Philippines' retailer opts for Manthan's analytics solution - Feb 02, 2011
- NetApp unveils software for agile data infrastructure - Jul 19, 2012
- Nucleus Software partners with Turkish firm - Jun 07, 2011
- World chess champ Anand launches Ramco OnDemand ERP 2.0 in Delhi - Sep 09, 2010
- Qatar Airways signs pact with Wipro for IT solutions - Sep 12, 2012
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- Wipro buys Australian analytics firm - May 01, 2012
- Emerson upbeat about India - Jul 08, 2011
Tags: b2b integration, b2b procurement, b2b services, cisco offices, cisco server, head of operations, healthcare financial services, india bangalore, industry models, internal approval, operations teams, proactive initiatives, procurement suite, procurement systems, ravi shankar, retail real estate, sap system, shipment notification, spectacular success, wipro infotech