Christopher Lee slams ageist and spineless movie bossesJune 30th, 2008 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 30 (ANI): Legendary actor Christopher Lee has attacked movie bosses for chopping his scenes from new film Stone Of Destiny insisting that they are ageist and “spineless”.
The Wicker Man star shot scenes for the forthcoming movie but was upset to discover that his role had been cut, after focus groups gave a negative response to seeing an elderly gentleman on screen.
And Lee, 86, has slammed the people in charge of the picture - insisting they should not cast off veteran actors.
“The American distributors looked at the film and decided they didn’t want me in it. These people are guided by focus groups; their ideal film-goer is apparently 18 and has an aversion to old faces, Contactmusic quoted him, as saying.
“But what struck me as depressing was that the director, Charles Martin Sheen, and his team agreed to this request.
This seemed to me spineless. You would think they would have more pride in their work, he added. (ANI)
- Jackman plans movie on Martin Luther King - Aug 02, 2012
- Sheen miffed with 'Two And a Half Men' boss - Apr 30, 2011
- Michael Douglas praises Shia LaBeouf's acting skills - May 18, 2010
- 'Delhi Belly' back on Nepal screens, minus some expletives (Lead) - Jul 06, 2011
- Sir Christopher Lee To Recceive BAFTA Honor - Feb 10, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' finally gets clean chit in Nepal - Jul 06, 2011
- Anti-smoking activists in Kerala oppose I&B; ministry decision - May 09, 2012
- Lindsay Lohan in 'Scary Movie 5' - Aug 07, 2012
- Charlie Sheen wants to star in a Major League sequel - Feb 22, 2011
- Aawara Completes 100 Days - Aug 28, 2010
- Two fall ill after horror movie screening in US - Jan 31, 2012
- Filmgoers have stopped taking cinema seriously: Adoor Gopalakrishnan (Interview) - Nov 22, 2010
- Saldana upset over Vartan's kissing objection - Aug 26, 2011
- Nagarjuna finishes dubbing for 'Thakita Thakita' - Aug 26, 2010
- A rare film that can claim to be a game-changer (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Mar 08, 2012
Tags: ageist, american distributors, aversion, christopher lee, director charles, elderly gentleman, focus groups, goer, legendary actor, man star, martin sheen, negative response, new film, old faces, pride, slams, star shot, stone of destiny, veteran actors, wicker man