Chote Lal Dargah inspires communal harmonyJune 15th, 2009 - 10:59 pm ICT by ANI
Poonch, June 15 (ANI): A 400-year-old dedicated to Chotey Shah in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district has become a symbol of communal harmony.
Located about 15 kilometres off the international India- Pakistan border, the shrine frequented visited by a large number of people of all religious faiths, irrespective of caste or creed.
“Here, devotees from all over the state like Jammu, Rajouri and many places, be they Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, come here and pray. Devotees make wishes and get them fulfilled after visiting this shrine,” said Sufi Mohammad Sadiq, a devotee.
According to a legend, this dargah of Chotey Shah is the shrine of a brother and sister, who buried themselves alive.
Devotees believe that whoever pays obeisance at this shrine gets blessed in life and with get all their wishes fulfilled.
“We have been coming here for long and would continue to do so. All our prayers have been answered,” said Masqoom Begum, a devotee. (ANI)
- Hindus, Muslims throng the shrine of Kashmir Sufi saint - Dec 31, 2009
- The journey to Ajmer Sharif - from Akbar to Zardari - Apr 05, 2012
- Urs celebrated at Baba Thanpir's Dargarh in Poonch - Aug 10, 2010
- Saint Maqdoom Shah Daulat shrine promotes communal harmony in Bihar - Dec 19, 2009
- Annual Urs of Hazrat Shah Asrar celebrated with religious fervor in J-K - Nov 14, 2010
- Ajmer shrine authorities mum on Zardari visit - Apr 03, 2012
- Process on to deliver Zardari's donation to Ajmer shrine - Jul 30, 2012
- Liquor offered at Muslim seer's shrine in Amritsar - Mar 25, 2011
- Muslim dervishes on way to Ajmer Sharif perform daredevil acts - Jun 14, 2010
- Zardari prays at Ajmer dargah, donates $1mn (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Keep windows shut, shops closed: Ajmer residents told - Apr 08, 2012
- Bihar devotees observe Urs of Baba Mir Ali - Aug 05, 2010
- Thousands of devotees celebrate Sufi saint's anniversary in Moradabad - Oct 01, 2009
- Sarabjit's kin in Ajmer, seek his release - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari fourth Pakistani leader to visit Ajmer - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: brother and sister, caste, chote, communal harmony, creed, dargah, devotee, devotees, hindus muslims, india pakistan, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kilometres, lal, mohammad, muslims sikhs, obeisance, pakistan border, religious faiths, sadiq