Chinese made ammunition recovered in PoonchJune 4th, 2009 - 1:31 pm ICT by ANI
Poonch (J-K), June 4 (ANI): Security personnel recover at least 4,500 rounds of AK-47 ammunition from a militant hideout near Line of Control in Poonch region of Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, the personnel of Special Operation Group (SOG) and 40 Rashtriya Rifles launched a search operation in Mandi area of the district and busted a militant hideout recovering six boxes of ammunitions buried underground.
“We have recovered this near LoC . Six boxes of AK-47 rounds were buried under ground. Approximately 4,500 rounds have been recovered by security personnel,” said Javed Iqbal Mir, Senior Superintendent of Police, Poonch.
Police said that the recovered ammunition bore the stamp of ‘Made in China’.This is the third seizure within four-days as earlier on Tuesday and Sunday, the Rashtriya Rifles had busted hideouts in the Poonch region. (ANI)
- Arms and ammunitions recovered in Poonch - May 01, 2010
- Militant hideout busted in Poonch - Feb 28, 2010
- Arms, ammunition seized from Poonch militant hideout - Aug 28, 2010
- Terrorist camps operating in Pakistan-held Kashmir: Indian Army - May 09, 2011
- Militant hideout busted in Poonch - Jun 04, 2010
- Huge cache of explosives, detonators recovered in Poonch - May 31, 2009
- Huge cache of ammunition recovered in Poonch - Jun 03, 2009
- Militant hideouts busted in Poonch - Feb 06, 2010
- Hideout busted, recoveries made in north Kashmir - Nov 23, 2010
- Huge cache of ammunition recovered in Poonch - Dec 21, 2009
- Militant outfit busted in Kupwara - May 17, 2010
- Huge cache of arms recovered from J-K's Reasi district - Nov 13, 2009
- Security forces seize huge cache of arms in Rajouri in Kashmir - Aug 07, 2010
- Security forces seize huge cache of arms in Jammu and Kashmir - Apr 18, 2010
- Arms cache unearthed in J&K; - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: ak 47, ammunition, boxes, china, hideout, hideouts, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, loc, operation group, rashtriya rifles, search operation, security personnel, seizure, sog, superintendent, underground