Chinese envoy pressing Pak Government for release of abducted engineersSeptember 13th, 2008 - 4:04 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad , Sep 13 (ANI): Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan Lou chi Hoi is pressing the Pakistani Government to make efforts for the release of two kidnapped Chinese engineers after the abductors said they would exchange the engineers for 15 Taliban militants.
In a press statement issued on Friday, the Chinese Embassy urged the government to hold peaceful negotiations with the abductors.
Foreign Office Spokesman Muhammad Sadiq said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was in constant contact with the Chinese Embassy.
He also said that the Interior Ministry was seeking a peaceful solution to the issue and had assured them that the engineers would be recovered soon.
The engineers were reportedly working on a telecommunication project in Dir and were kidnapped along with their driver and gunman.
The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan has claimed responsibility for the kidnapping, the Daily Times reported. (ANI)
- Pak intelligence agencies warn of attacks on US Embassy, British consulate - Jul 16, 2010
- Taliban strike Kabul, other Afghan targets (Second Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Jihad, Taliban, floods, and now Operation 'Samosa' sends Pak Interior Ministry in panic - Sep 01, 2010
- Pakistani Taliban splits - Jun 27, 2011
- Pakistani Taliban hold peace talks - Nov 23, 2011
- Gunman opens fire near US consulate in Peshawar - Aug 28, 2010
- No talks with Taliban: Rehman Malik - Dec 12, 2011
- Pakistani Taliban hold secret meeting, plan fresh strikes - Nov 28, 2010
- Pak Taliban kidnap two Chinese engineers against attacks on them - Sep 03, 2008
- Pakistani Taliban asks government to stop operations - Nov 15, 2011
- Pak Taliban planning countrywide attacks on mosques, shrines on Eid-ul-Azha - Nov 09, 2010
- Pak intelligence agencies warn of attack on high-value targets in Punjab - Aug 26, 2010
- Gilani-led Pakistani delegation in Kabul for talks - Apr 16, 2011
- Taliban regrouping in FATA to attack Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa - Sep 05, 2010
- Journalists, media establishments under terror threat from Pakistani Taliban: Report - Jan 11, 2010
Tags: abducted, abductors, chinese ambassador, chinese embassy, chinese engineers, chinese envoy, constant contact, foreign office, gunman, interior ministry, militants, ministry of foreign affairs, muhammad sadiq, office spokesman, pakistan, pakistani government, peaceful negotiations, peaceful solution, taliban, telecommunication project