Chinese acrobats enthrall audience in DelhiNovember 21st, 2008 - 4:19 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 21 (ANI): Chinese acrobats put up a spectacular show of their traditional art form here on Thursday.
The acrobats from the Tianjin Acrobatic Troupe, made creative use of props like lamps and hats to enthrall the audiences at the show.
Twirling and twisting their bodies, the acrobats moved around with agility as they showcased their art. The act left the audiences mesmerized which gave a standing ovation to the performers.
“Simply incredible. I think an experience we will never forget, the Chinese acrobats. I think it’’s an age-old tradition, which they have nurtured,” said Vasanthi, a spectator.
Tianjin Acrobatic Troupe is one of the best-known acrobatic troupes in China, boasting generations of talented performers and dedicated staff.
Over the years the troupe has toured about 40 countries and regions across the five continents and performed to audiences totaling nearly a million people. They have won prizes and awards at various national and international competitions and festivals.
Through its performance in India, the troupe hopes to do its bit to contribute to the further enhancement of the time-honored cultural ties between the two countries. (ANI)
- Chinese acrobats to perform at the Oscars - Feb 25, 2012
- Re-live circus days with 'Acronamia' - Jul 03, 2011
- Dancing to Indian tunes with an American soul (Feature) (With Image) - Jul 06, 2012
- Africa to offer cultural bouquet in capital May 18-20 - May 13, 2010
- Africa to showcase its traditional performing arts in India (Lead) - May 13, 2010
- Shot in arm for roots theatre of northeast (With Images) - Apr 06, 2011
- Goan dances enthrall Trinidad and Tobago audience - Aug 13, 2011
- Indian cultural fest enthrals Dhaka - Nov 28, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh dance troupe thrills Trinidad audience - Mar 04, 2010
- American dancers perform aerial dance on Hyderabad's Golconda Fort - Nov 23, 2010
- Through 'devi' dance and music, West Africa reaches out to India (With Image) - Mar 08, 2011
- Chinese leaders watch Peking Opera - Dec 30, 2011
- India bonds with Africa with culture bouquet, fusion (With image) - Jun 19, 2012
- Woman pulls 4.5 tonne Jeeps with hair - Feb 20, 2012
- India celebrates with aplomb successful completion of Delhi Commonwealth Games - Oct 15, 2010
Tags: acrobatic troupe, agility, art form, audiences, chinese acrobats, festivals, five continents, further enhancement, generations, hats, international competitions, lamps, New Delhi, prizes and awards, props, spectator, standing ovation, talented performers, ties, traditional art