Chinas phone users cross 960 millionAugust 27th, 2008 - 7:06 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, Aug 27 (ANI): Over 960 million people had access to phones in China as of July, including over 600 million mobile phone users, said the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT).
According to Xinhua, during the first seven months there was a net increase of mobile phone users of more than 61 million, averaging a monthly increase of 8.7 million.
The mobile use figures reflected were the highest yet in the country.
The more developed eastern part of the country has more than 290 million mobile phone users.
Moreover, the fixed-line subscribers dropped 10.6 million from January to July, reflecting a monthly reduction of 1.35 million, with the total standing at 355 million as of July. (ANI)
- China nearing billion-mark in mobile phone users - Aug 30, 2011
- China has 900 mn mobile phone users - May 24, 2011
- China has 1.06 bn mobile phone connections - Aug 28, 2012
- A billion cellphone users in China! - Apr 20, 2012
- China records over 1 billion cell phone users - Mar 30, 2012
- China's telecommunication sector revenue up - Feb 07, 2012
- China has 952 mn mobile phone users - Oct 28, 2011
- Chinese firm says its 3G subscribers top 36 mn - Dec 20, 2011
- Tata Teleservices loses 4.4 mn subscribers in November - Jan 09, 2012
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
- China's phone users surpass 1.1 billion mark - Jun 29, 2010
- China's phone users top 1.1 bn - Jun 29, 2010
- China has 1.13 bn phone users by August - Sep 25, 2010
- 152 mn 3G users in China - May 18, 2012
- India's mobile subscriber base touches 811.59 million - Apr 29, 2011