China to begin worlds fastest rail service next FridayJuly 23rd, 2008 - 1:48 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 23 (ANI): The Chinese Railway Ministry is starting the worlds fastest train service next Friday, linking Beijing with one of China”’’s Olympic co-host cities, nearby Tianjin.
Zhang Shuguang, head of the Ministry”’’s Transport Bureau, said that the new Chinese trains could ferry passengers at the speeds reaching 350 kilometres per hour.
He said that the trains, which will have aircraft-like cabins rather than traditional carriages, have reached 394kph in tests.
“Its operational speed is the fastest in the world. It”’’s very comfortable and quiet. There”’’s a French train that has gone 500kph in tests, but only in tests,” New Scientist magazine quoted him as saying.
Media persons had a sneak preview of the trains on a government-organized trip on Tuesday.
The Railway Ministry said that the trains could run on the new 2.93-billion-dollar Tianjin line every three minutes, and each train could carry around 600 people between landlocked Beijing and the port city of Tianjin.
Wang Yongping, a spokesman for the Railway Ministry, said that the ticket prices had yet to be set, though it would be “within the limits of what the masses can accept”.
He even told the media that the cavernous new Beijing South railway station was the largest in Asia.
He said that the station would house connections to two subway lines, and a future high-speed railway to Shanghai. (ANI)
- China's high-speed train sets new world record - Sep 29, 2010
- China to sell bullet train technology - Feb 02, 2011
- 54 found guilty for China train crash - Dec 28, 2011
- Chinese train breaks speed record - Dec 03, 2010
- Chinese wary of high-speed railway - Jul 26, 2011
- China's high-speed train sets new record - Sep 29, 2010
- By 2050, high speed trains will run at 500kmph: Experts - Dec 10, 2010
- Rescue effort on at China high-speed train crash (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Fastest train in China rolls out - May 27, 2010
- China to open world's fastest rail line ahead of Olympics - Jul 30, 2008
- China lowers speed limit of bullet trains - Aug 11, 2011
- Britain may go in for China's high-speed bullet trains - Feb 17, 2011
- China to continue developing high speed trains - Mar 11, 2012
- China's fastest high-speed train rolls off production line - May 28, 2010
- China ready to roll out 35 high-speed rail lines by 2012 - Jun 24, 2009
Tags: beijing, carriages, chinese railway, co host, french train, host cities, kilometres, media persons, new scientist magazine, olympic co, railway station, shuguang, sneak preview, speed railway, subway lines, three minutes, ticket prices, train service, transport bureau, worlds fastest train