China looking to build mutual trust, cooperation with India: Wen JiabaoDecember 16th, 2010 - 3:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec. 16 (ANI): China is looking to build mutual trust and cooperation with India, said the country’s visiting Premier Wen Jiabao on Thursday.
In an opening statement ahead of bilateral level talks between the two countries, Premier Wen said: “Ihope my visit promotes the deepening of mutual trust and cooperation” with India.
He further went on to say: “Five years ago, it was here we announced together establishment of strategic and cooperative partnership between China and India , it became important marker or landmark in the history of our nations. It also has importance significance to Asia and the world at large.”"This year marks the 60th year of the establishment of diplomatic relationship (between our two countries).We are heartened Of achievement we have score and we are hopeful for future. I hope that this visit will build on our past achievements promote the deepening of mutual trust and cooperation and enable us to take new strides forward in creating peace and prosperity together<” Premier Wen said.
“Yesterday, (the Indian) Prime Minister and I and other Indian leaders, we had an exchange of views on a series of major issues in our bilateral relations during dinner, and it has set a very good foundation for today’s talks. I believe through our joint efforts,we will surely further promote strategic communication and make this visit successful,” Premier Wen said.
In his opening statement, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said that rapid economic growth had opened new opportunities for long term partnership between India and China, and added that this would contribute to stability in Asia and the world.Dr. Singh said: “Since 2005 our countries have maintained an intensive high-level dialogue.” “Apart from my bilateral visit to China in 2008, I have met your Excellency and his Excellency Hu Jintao close to 20 times in the last five years. This shows the intensity of our interaction. Since you last visit to India in 2005 both our countries and international situation has witnessed many changes. Rapid socio-economic transformation in India,” he added.
“This is your second visit and I have no doubt that it will impart new impetus to our relationship and advance our cooperation in new areas. International sit has witnessed many changes , rapid socio economic transformation of India and china has opened up new opportunities for progress in our relations in all fields,” he said.
Earlier setting a positive tone, Wen Jiabao expressed confidence that both countries would reach “important strategic consensus” during the visit and take bilateral ties to an “even higher level”.
“I hope that my visit will help increase our cooperation in wide-range of fields and raise our friendship and cooperation to an even higher level,” Jiabao told reporters after being accorded a ceremonial welcome in the forecourt of the Rashtrapati Bhawan.
“I am confidence that with the joint efforts of the Prime Minister and I, we will be able to reach important strategic consensus during the visit and the visit will yield important outcomes,” he said. (ANI)
- Economic dialogue will help develop mutual trust: Wen Jiabao - Sep 27, 2011
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- Rapid economic growth has opened opportunities for India, China: PM - Dec 16, 2010
- Canada to strengthen strategic ties with China - Jan 12, 2012
- 'Ore, exploration can take India-China trade to $100 bn' - Nov 17, 2011
- Premier Wen's visits to India, Pakistan produced strategic, fruitful results: Chinese FM - Dec 20, 2010
- Pakistan, China ties are unique: Hina Rabbani Khar - Aug 24, 2011
- Premier Wen rejects Chinese 'dragon' vs Indian 'elephant' theory (Lead) - Dec 15, 2010
- India-China relations is multi-dimensional, says Krishna - Dec 16, 2010
- Wen gets ceremonial welcome at Rashtrapati Bhavan - Dec 16, 2010
- India, China target $100 bn trade, but no headway on stapled visa (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2010
- Wen reiterates support to Pakistan's sovereignty - Aug 25, 2011
- Chinese, Russian PMs pledge closer cooperation - Oct 11, 2011
- Ireland, China to have closer cooperation - Mar 28, 2012
- China and Pakistan to strengthen bilateral cooperation in diverse areas - Dec 18, 2010
Tags: bilateral level, bilateral relations, cooperative partnership, dr singh, good foundation, hu jintao, indian leaders, indian prime minister, manmohan, manmohan singh, mutual trust, New Delhi, new opportunities, premier wen jiabao, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rapid economic growth, strides, term partnership, wen jiabao