Chilean President calls on Pratibha Patil at Rashtrapati BhavanMarch 17th, 2009 - 11:01 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, March 17 (ANI): Chilean President Michelle Bachelet on Tuesday evening called on President Pratibha Patil at Rashtrapati Bhavan in the capital.
Both the heads of the State are believed to have discussed matters related to bilateral, regional and international issues of mutual interest to both the countries.
Later on, President Bachelet and President Patil attended a banquet.
Earlier, in the day, India and Chile signed four agreements in the areas of space, renewable energy, education and mineral resources to strengthen their bilateral ties further.
The agreements were signed after talks between Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and visiting Chilean President Michelle Bachelet.
The agreement on space is for exploration and utilization of outer-space for peaceful purposes.
An agreement on gender equality between both countries is also at an advance stage of negotiation. Both sides agreed to pursue cooperation in the Antarctica as well. Both countries also expressed an interest in strengthening cooperation in the areas of IT and biotechnology.
Bachelet, who is on a five-day official visit to the country, said India, had great leadership both regionally and internationally, and hence should be on the Security Council.
During her stay, Bachelet is scheduled to meet President Pratibha Patil, Vice-President Hamid Ansari, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Leader of Opposition L.K. Advani.
She is accompanied by a high-level delegation, including the Minister of Agriculture and Women Empowerment and a business delegation.
Bachelet will also visit Agra, Mumbai, and Chennai. (ANI)
- Chilean President in Chennai on two-day visit - Mar 20, 2009
- India, Chile sign four agreements to boost bilateral ties - Mar 17, 2009
- Russian President to arrive in New Delhi on Tuesday morning - Dec 20, 2010
- Thai prime minister arrives in India, focus on trade ties - Apr 05, 2011
- Manmohan to meet Chile's first woman president Tuesday - Mar 16, 2009
- India, Thailand agree to double trade by 2014 (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- India, China sign three bilateral pacts - May 27, 2010
- India, Sri Lanka agree to strengthen bilateral security framework - Jun 09, 2010
- Thai PM chief guest at Republic Day parade - Jan 23, 2012
- Russian President leaves for Moscow after winding up India visit - Dec 22, 2010
- India, Poland agree on audio-visual cooperation - Jul 05, 2012
- Chilean President arrives in India - Mar 16, 2009
- Obama visit: India and US have entered a new phase in bilateral ties, says PM - Oct 30, 2010
- India, UAE to hold talks, sign pacts Monday - Jun 25, 2011
- Obama visits Rajghat, pays homage to Mahatma Gandhi - Nov 08, 2010
Tags: bilateral ties, business delegation, chilean president michelle bachelet, congress president sonia gandhi, dr manmohan singh, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, gender equality, hamid ansari, l k advani, leader of opposition, level delegation, manmohan singh, michelle bachelet, minister of agriculture, president michelle bachelet, president pratibha patil, rashtrapati bhavan new delhi, renewable energy education, women empowerment