Chilean President arrives in IndiaMarch 16th, 2009 - 11:50 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 16 (ANI): The President of Chile, Dr. Michelle Bachelet, arrived here on a five-day official visit on Monday morning.
Bachelet is accompanied by a high-level delegation, including the Minister of Agriculture and Women Empowerment and a business delegation.
During the visit, the President of Chile will call President Pratibha Patil, who will host a State Banquet in her honour on Tuesday at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
As a special gesture, to commemorate the 60th Anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between India and Chile, the President will host a cultural program at Rashtrapati Bhawan today.
Bachelet will hold bilateral talks with President Pratibha Patil, Vice-President Dr. Mohammed Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee, United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and the Leader of Opposition L.K. Advani.
A number of agreements are expected to be signed during the visit.
The last state visit was undertaken by President Ricardo Lagos of Chile in January 2005. (ANI)
- Chilean President to arrive in India on five-day state visit - Mar 15, 2009
- Chilean President to meet Manmohan Singh today - Mar 17, 2009
- Chilean President calls on Pratibha Patil at Rashtrapati Bhavan - Mar 17, 2009
- Chile to support India''s bid for permanent UN Security Council seat - Mar 17, 2009
- Michelle a better dancer now: Obama - Nov 08, 2010
- Indonesian President arrives in Delhi on three-day state visit - Jan 24, 2011
- Burmese general visits Gaya, to arrive in Delhi Monday - Jul 25, 2010
- Thai PM chief guest at Republic Day parade - Jan 23, 2012
- Obamas ceremonially welcomed to India (Lead) - Nov 08, 2010
- Manmohan to meet Chile's first woman president Tuesday - Mar 16, 2009
- Chilean President in Chennai on two-day visit - Mar 20, 2009
- India, Chile sign four agreements to boost bilateral ties - Mar 17, 2009
- Obama visits Rajghat, pays homage to Mahatma Gandhi - Nov 08, 2010
- S.African President to undertake three-day visit of India - Jun 01, 2010
- Thai prime minister arrives in India, focus on trade ties - Apr 05, 2011
Tags: 60th anniversary, business delegation, dr manmohan singh, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, hamid ansari, l k advani, leader of opposition, level delegation, manmohan singh, michelle bachelet, minister of agriculture, president of chile, president pratibha patil, president ricardo lagos, progressive alliance, ricardo lagos, sonia gandhi, state banquet, women empowerment