Child artists of ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ stress need for educationApril 4th, 2009 - 2:32 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Apr 4 (ANI): Child artists of Oscar winning ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ and Bollywood celebrities participated in a walkathon for creating awareness on education.
“I feel that all the Indian children should go to school,” said Ayush Khedekar, a child artist.
Bollywood actor Rahul Bose stressed the need to improve education system in the country.
“I think one of the emotive issues when you talk about the children is education. Because the problems that happen after that always happen through a lack of education. The mother becomes backward and these children suffer and it becomes a vicious cycle. I think to break the cycle, education is a thing you have to look at,” Bose said.
The walkathon was organised by a voluntary organisation, Siksha.
Bollywood actors Neha Dhupia, Kajol, and Tisca Chopra and former Miss World Diana Hayden also graced the fifth anniversary of Siksha, an organisation that looks after the rights and education of deprived children.”Slumdog Millionaire”, an often dark but ultimately hopeful tale of a poor Indian boy who competes for love and money on a TV game show, won eight Academy Awards last month. (ANI)
- Events and Parties - Apr 04, 2009
- Abhay Deol, Neha Dhupia support child education - Jan 20, 2012
- Slumdog Millionaire kid on Zara Nachke Dikha? - Mar 18, 2010
- Shahid competes with Akshay for best action hero title - May 06, 2010
- Walkathon spreads awareness on World Population Day - Jul 11, 2012
- Kerala children walk to support rural students - Sep 18, 2011
- Fairytale ride continues for 'Slumdog Millionaire' children - Mar 22, 2012
- Rajat Kapoor and Neha Dhupia attends first screening of 'Phas Gaya Re Obama' - Dec 02, 2010
- Stars join in at Mumbai Marathon's dream run - Jan 15, 2012
- 24-year-old manual scavenger wins beauty pageant - Nov 19, 2011
- Every child deserves education, says Kajol - Dec 11, 2011
- Neha Dhupia roped in for an American series. - Mar 28, 2009
- Tisca Chopra to host 42nd IFFI opening ceremony - Nov 22, 2011
- ''Slumdog Millionaire'' child artists leave for Los Angeles - Feb 20, 2009
- Nandamuri Balakrishna enjoys the company of Neha Dhupia - Sep 25, 2010
Tags: bollywood actors, bollywood celebrities, child artist, child artists, diana hayden, education system, emotive issues, fifth anniversary, kajol, lack of education, love and money, miss world, neha dhupia, rahul bose, stress need, tisca chopra, tv game show, vicious cycle, voluntary organisation, walkathon