Chidambaram to visit Norway from October 23November 14th, 2007 - 2:22 am ICT by admin
It will be taking place in the wake of a great surge in the bilateral economic and commercial engagements which have crossed seven billion dollars in the last two years.
On October 23, Chidambaram would have official talks with Norwegian Finance Minister. He would also meet Erik Solheim, Minister for International Development, on October 23 and Svein Gjedrem, Governor of Norges Bank on October 24.
The Finance Minister’s other engagements include an address at the prestigious Noble Institute on October 24 at the invitation of Norwegian Institute of Peace (NUPI) where he would be articulating India’s socio-economic agenda whose main plank is development with democracy.
On the same day, he would deliver a speech on India’s emergence as an economic power at the Oslo Business School which would be followed by a question and answer session.
Chidambaram would also attend an investment promotion symposium organized by NHO, NICCI and DNV on October 24 and inaugurate an IT outsourcing event on October 25 before departing for India, a release by the Indian Embassy in Oslo said. (ANI)
- It's an attack on democratic values: Norwegian minister (Interview) - Jul 23, 2011
- India, LTTE met 'secretly' before Sri Lanka truce: Eric Solheim - Nov 13, 2011
- Solheim to visit Sri Lanka -- to mend fences - Oct 18, 2010
- Bangladesh Grameen Bank denies diverting millions of aid money to other projects - Dec 04, 2010
- Norway clean chit to Grameen Bank on funds transfer - Dec 09, 2010
- NRI children: Uncle to leave for Norway, India steps up pressure (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Grameen Bank founder accused of diverting millions of dollars of aid to other projects - Dec 03, 2010
- Chidambaram to begin three-day visit to Norway from Oct 23 - Nov 14, 2007
- Tibetans are close to Norwegians: Dalai Lama - Jul 24, 2011
- Norway killer officially charged with terrorism - Mar 08, 2012
- Jail Norway killer, don't put him in mental care: Defence - Jun 22, 2012
- Chidambaram new finance minister, Shinde gets home - Jul 31, 2012
- Pranab meets Sonia Gandhi - Sep 26, 2011
- India to mount 'all-out efforts' for NRI children's return - Feb 23, 2012
- Norwegian killer sentenced to 21 years in prison - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: chidambaram, commercial engagements, dnv, economic agenda, economic power, erik solheim, halvorsen, India, indian finance minister, investment promotion, invitation, nho, nicci, norges bank, norwegian institute, october 24, oslo, visit norway