Chidambaram to visit Jammu and Kashmir Feb 3January 30th, 2011 - 7:05 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Jan 30 (IANS) Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram will visit Jammu and Kashmir Feb 3 to review the security situation and also to take stock of the political developments in the state. “The home minister will review the political situation and will hold talks with various political groups against the backdrop of the inputs of the interlocutors who have submitted their report to the centre,” state Congress committee president Saif-ud-Din Soz said Sunday.
He was talking to reporters on the sidelines of a rally to observe the death anniversary of Mahtama Gandhi.
Chidamabaram’s earlier plan to visit Jammu and Kashmir had to be rescheduled because of the “Ekta Yatra” (integration march) by the Bharatiya Janta Party that was foiled by the state government.
Three interlocutors appointed by the union government, headed by senior journalist Dileep Padgaonkar, had undertaken their fourth visit of the state early this month and interacted, among others, with the leaders of the BJP and Jammu Kashmir National Panthers Party, who had earlier boycotted them.
The other two interlocutors are academician Radha Kumar and former information commissioner M.M. Ansari.
- Chidambaram to visit Jammu and Kashmir on Feb 3 - Jan 31, 2011
- J&K; parties boycott interlocutors' report - Sep 02, 2012
- Kashmir interlocutors ask BJP to reconsider flag hoisting plan - Jan 19, 2011
- Congress leaders will be kept in loop on Kashmir roadmap, assures Chidambaram (Lead) - Feb 03, 2011
- Panthers Party to boycott meet with former interlocutors - Aug 30, 2012
- Karan Singh declines comment on interlocutors' report - May 25, 2012
- Protest over Jammu and Kashmir interlocutors' report - Mar 17, 2011
- Jammu parties boycott former interlocutors - Sep 02, 2012
- Kashmir interlocutors' report ambiguous: Rajnath Singh - Jun 01, 2012
- Jammu leaders pitch for delimitation of seats - Jan 18, 2011
- Chidambaram to visit Jammu and Kashmir - Jan 08, 2011
- All-party meet on Kashmir report in November - Oct 26, 2011
- Chidambaram arrives in Jammu - Feb 03, 2011
- Interlocutors have changed Kashmir discourse: Chidambaram - Jan 04, 2011
- BJP to make fresh assessment of Kashmir situation - May 28, 2012
Tags: ansari, committee president, congress committee, death anniversary, ekta, information commissioner, interlocutors, jammu and kashmir, jammu kashmir, janta, panthers party, political developments, political groups, radha kumar, saif, security situation, soz, state congress, union government, union home minister