Chidambaram takes charge as Home MinisterDecember 1st, 2008 - 5:00 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , Dec.1 (ANI): P Chidambaram took charge as the countrys new Home Minister on Monday after Shivraj Patil resigned from the post owning responsibility for Mumbai terror attacks last week.
The Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh will look after the finance ministry.
Assuming his new charge on Monday, Chidambaram told reporters this morning that he was looking forward to his responsibilities in the Home Ministry, and would apply the same principles and work ethic that he had used in the Finance Ministry. Commenting on the state of the economy he said “We will have a reasonable growth rate this fiscal year and the inflation will be moderate. There will be a slowdown in India but there would not be any recession.
He expressed confidence that the Indian economy would notch up 7-8% growth rate in the current fiscal. The Prime Minister can handle the finance portfolio far better than anyone,
I am confident that the people of this country will applaud the economic performance of the current UPA Government in the center under the guidance of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,” he said. (ANI)
- Chidambaram gets finance again, Shinde becomes home minister (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Chidambaram gets finance again, Shinde becomes home minister (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Chidambaram assumes charge of finance - Aug 01, 2012
- Steps soon to check fiscal, curent account deficits: Chidambaram (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- PM directs steps to revive growth and reverse pessimism (Roundup) - Jun 27, 2012
- Time calls Manmohan an underachiever (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Don't think will move to finance ministry: Chidambaram - Jul 31, 2012
- PM assures growth, reforms, stable rupee - Jun 24, 2012
- Cabinet reshuffle - a damp squib? (News Analysis) - Jul 12, 2011
- Premji hopes PM will step up policy execution - Jul 24, 2012
- Rekindling hopes: Manmohan signals a course correction (News Analysis) - Jul 01, 2012
- Time terms Manmohan an underachiever (Second Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Economic growth data disappointing, says Pranab - Aug 30, 2011
- Global uncertainty affecting India: Pranab - Feb 21, 2012
- PM calls for revival of 'animal spirit' in economy - Jun 27, 2012
Tags: confidence, dr manmohan singh, economic performance, finance ministry, finance portfolio, fiscal year, guidance, home minister, home ministry, indian economy, inflation, manmohan, manmohan singh, mumbai terror attack, New Delhi, p chidambaram, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, recession, slowdown, work ethic