Chidambaram says India yet to receive an official response on Mumbai dossier

February 5th, 2009 - 7:00 pm ICT by ANI  

New Delhi, Feb 5 (ANI): Union Home Minister P Chidambaram has agreed with Foreign Minister Pranab Mukherjee’’s previous statement that India has not yet received any official response on the Indian dossier on Mumbai attacks given to Pakistan.
“There is no confusion. Both External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee and I have said that we have not received any response to the dossier given to Pakistan as yet,” Chidambaram said on Thursday.
He ruled out any confusion on the issue in the government.
National Security Advisor M K Narayanan had earlier contradicted Mukherjee by claiming that Islamabad has reverted to the Indian dossier.
Narayanan had remarked that Pakistan was probing the Mumbai attacks in a manner an investigating agency should proceed by sending queries related to the dossier.
However, Mukherjee cleared that the security advisor’’s remarks were his own and the fact of the matter is that India has not received any official communication from Islamabad about the investigation as yet.
India had sent a dossier of evidence on January 5 and has since been waiting to receive an official response on it. Pakistan had assured of reverting back on India’’s dossier soon but has till now failed to fulfill the commitment. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in National |