Chidambaram reviews delivery of interceptor boatsJune 18th, 2009 - 5:59 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 18 (ANI): Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram today reviewed the delivery of interceptor boats under the coastal security scheme with the CMDs of Goa Shipyard Limited and Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited, Kolkata.
While noting that delivery of boats has commenced from April 2009 and 13 interceptor boats have been dispatched to Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Orissa, Goa, Lakshadweep and Puducherry, Chidambaram underlined the need to ensure that there are no slippages in time-lines.
He also emphasized the need for proper training and placement of trained manpower/ police personnel and crewmembers for proper upkeep and running of these boats.
He also directed that six boats, which are also ready, should be dispatched without delay.
Chidambaram also met the DG, Central Public Works Department and CEOs of the National Building Construction Corporation, the National Projects Construction Corporation, the Border Roads Organisation, the Rail India Technical & Economic Services, Engineering Projects (India) Limited and Engineers India Limited to review issues relating to fencing, road construction, floodlighting, construction of Border Out-Posts along international borders particularly the borders with Bangladesh and China.
He emphasized not only the need for timely completion of all projects but also the need for ensuring quality and an effective system of external audit/third party inspections. (ANI)
- Chidambaram reviews coastal security equipment delivery - Jun 18, 2009
- 3 km of fencing along Indo-Bangladesh border done in August: Govt. - Sep 01, 2010
- Coastal security comes under review - Jun 18, 2009
- Defence shipyard eyeing markets in Middle East, Africa - Aug 24, 2011
- Fencing of India-Bangladesh border in progress, says Chidambaram - Nov 01, 2010
- Border fencing has improved in November: Chidambaram - Nov 30, 2010
- Govt. reviewed security, other challengesin Kerala, Assam, Puducherry and Mumbai: Chidambaram - Nov 30, 2010
- 'Warship delays not linked to Mazagon Docks upgrade' - Nov 23, 2011
- Fencing, surfacing work completed along India's border with Bangladesh, China: Chidambaram - Mar 03, 2010
- 35,000 people to be hit by border fencing in Mizoram - Sep 27, 2010
- Antony asks DPSUs to maintain transparency - Apr 12, 2012
- India sets up another security outpost in Arabian Sea - Dec 24, 2010
- Significant progress made for coastal security of the country since 26/11: Chidambaram - Oct 27, 2010
- Indian Coastal security strengthened - Dec 16, 2010
- Coastal security up after 26/11, says Chidambaram - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: border roads, cmds, construction corporation, economic services, engineering projects, external audit, garden reach, india limited, international borders, lakshadweep, national projects, proper upkeep, puducherry, security scheme, services engineering, shipbuilders, slippages, tamil nadu, timely completion, union home minister