Chhattisgarh polls tomorrowNovember 19th, 2008 - 6:24 pm ICT by ANI
Raipur, Nov 19 (ANI): Elections for 51 seats in the 90-member House, in eight districts of Chhattisgarh will be held tomorrow during the second and final phase of Assembly polls in the state.
Political future of 687 candidates including 50 women will be sealed in the EVMs tomorrow with 88,14,228 voters expected to exercise their franchise.
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) are contesting on all 51 seats while the Congress has candidates on 48 seats, leaving three seats to its ally Nationalist Congress Party (NCP).
Besides former Chief Minister Ajit Jogi and his wife Renu Jogi, prominent leaders who are in the fray include BJP State President Vishnudeo Sai, Deputy Speaker Badridhar Diwan, Home Minister Ramvichar Netam, Health Minister Amar Agrawal, Dilipsingh Judeo’’s son Yudhvir Singh Judeo and former Home Mminister Nand Kumar Patel.
There are 12,073 polling stations across the eight districts including the Raipur, Bilaspur, Korba, Raigarh, Sarguja, Koria, Jashpur and Janjgir and Champa, where elections will be held amid tight security.
As many as 2608 booths have been classified as sensitive and 355 booths as hypersensitive.
Voting for 39 Assembly seats was held in the first phase on November 14. The first phase of polls in Chhattisgarh, which registered 55 per cent turnout, was marred by disruptions and Naxal violence. (ANI)
- Polling begins for final phase of assembly elections in Chhattisgarh - Nov 20, 2008
- Ajit Jogi bribed voters: BJP - May 05, 2011
- Chhattisgarh cabinet reshuffled - Feb 18, 2012
- Chhattisgarh cabinet reshuffled (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- It's neck and neck in Chhattisgarh phase-II - Nov 18, 2008
- Presidential poll: Congress deflates Chhattisgarh leader's tribal card - Jul 04, 2012
- Tribal group wants tribal CM in Chhattisgarh - Aug 27, 2012
- BJP, Congress leaders worry over sons -- not party - Nov 09, 2008
- Vajpayee's niece, Jogi's wife lose in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Over 400 centrally-funded roads found defective in Chhattisgarh - Mar 03, 2011
- BJP government has no control in Bastar: Ajit Jogi - Apr 30, 2011
- Maoist terror holds up construction of Chhattisgarh roads - Mar 19, 2010
- 'Raman effect': BJP wins 10 of Chhattisgarh's 11 seats (Second Lead) - May 16, 2009
- 345 rural roads found substandard in Chhattisgarh - Dec 09, 2010
- Bypoll in Chhhattisgarh begins on dull note - Oct 01, 2010
Tags: ajit jogi, assembly polls, assembly seats, bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, bjp, champa, chief minister, deputy speaker, final phase, health minister, home minister, koria, kumar patel, nand kumar, nationalist congress party, polling stations, raigarh, state president, tight security