Chhattisgarh Police recover uniform material meant for 300 NaxalitesJanuary 26th, 2008 - 7:43 pm ICT by admin
Raipur, Jan 26 (ANI): Chhattisgarh Police have conducted raids in Raipur during which they have recovered yarn that was purportedly stored to make uniforms for at least 300 Naxalites.
Acting on an intelligence tip-off, a police team raided the houses and shops of two tailors - Dayaram Sahu and Ashok Devang - who have been stitching uniforms for the rebels for several years.
During the investigation, they (Naxalites) informed us about the uniforms sewed by them in Raipur. On that basis we have conducted raids at their houses and shops. We have seized over 300 uniforms and the cloth that had to be used for stitching uniforms, Raipur Superintendent of Police Amit Kumar said.
Kumar further said that the accused have been taken into custody and were being interrogated. (ANI)
- 31 people held for gambling in Delhi - Jul 12, 2011
- Student commits suicide after killing girlfriend - Feb 11, 2012
- Spurious medicines racket busted, three arrested (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- Two held with 4,500 pirated CDs - Apr 14, 2011
- Chhattisgarh village in shock after 51 get life sentence - Nov 05, 2011
- Tailors held in Pakistani town for refusing orders - Jul 20, 2012
- Apply Chhattisgarh's special security law to Essar, says Congress - Sep 23, 2011
- Four held for selling fake, dud medicines - Jun 15, 2011
- Four bookies held in Chhattisgarh - Mar 04, 2011
- Chhattisgarh farmers benefiting from multi-storied farming - Apr 04, 2011
- Stolen antique idols seized, five held - May 21, 2011
- Chhattisgarh labour official has over Rs.20 mn assets - Jan 07, 2012
- Gang selling pirating movie, music CDs busted - Jun 26, 2012
- Boy abducted in broad daylight - Apr 21, 2011
- Man kills brother over land tensions, witchcraft - Nov 01, 2011