Chennai painter makes brush strokes through mouthNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:17 am ICT by admin
R. Rajendran, a graduate in Information Technology, made the 20 x 30 feet portrait using acrylic colours and took 12 days (Oct.19 to 30)to complete it. It was monitored by two judges–an advocate and a professor.
“Such a record has never been created by anyone in this world. It is the first of its kind created by me, surely, this will get a place in the Guinness book of world records,” claimed Rajendran.
According to the specification, the painting consisted of different sections and all parts were securely joined to form the finished picture.
“Mr. Rajendran followed all the rules of the Guinness book of world records. Because of the earlier paintings he had done here, he has been given a chance to do 20 ft X 30 ft, a total of 600sq ft, and all this he has done from his mouth somewhere he has used his tongue; also his specialty is tongue painting.”
The young painter had earlier entered the Limca Book of Records by painting a 10 ft X 7 ft picture of former President A.P.J Abdul Kalam. He developed interest for records in 1999.
He is also said to have painted various pictures to raise funds for the December 2004 tsunami victims. (ANI)
- Students attempt to achieve world records in Pondicherry - Aug 09, 2010
- Assam cop is longest barefoot runner in world - Apr 17, 2012
- Around 3600 Kannadigas sing to set world record in Bangalore - Dec 31, 2010
- 3.1 km long tricolour displayed in Andhra - Jan 26, 2012
- When painting, I feel I'm making something like a Picasso: Aamir - Dec 27, 2011
- 125-ft-long sand cricket bat to usher World Cup (With Image) - Feb 12, 2011
- Santa in sand, courtesy Odisha artist (With Image) - Dec 25, 2011
- Get your portraits done, Bollywood poster style (With Images) - Sep 04, 2010
- The Catholic experiment to make yoga popular - Oct 17, 2011
- Dog with world's longest tongue enters record books - Sep 16, 2010
- Painter Antoni Tapies dies - Feb 07, 2012
- Iconic Raphael self portrait under scrutiny after identical painting surfaces - Jan 28, 2011
- In paying tribute to Hazarika, guitarists create record - Jun 04, 2012
- I'm born to act, not sing or paint: Manoj Bajpayee - Jan 19, 2012
- People have the right to express: Artist Shuvaprasanna - Nov 12, 2011
Tags: abdul kalam, acrylic colours, brush strokes, chennai, december 2004 tsunami, given a chance, guinness book of world, guinness book of world records, limca book of records, mother teresa, nov 2, paintbrush, painting, tongue, tsunami victims