Chennai father arrested for throwing infant into 30-feet wellMarch 15th, 2009 - 12:30 am ICT by ANI
Chennai, Mar 14 (ANI): Twenty nine-year old software engineer, arrested on charges of killing his unwanted four-day-old daughter into a 30-feet well, has been remanded to judicial custody after being produced before a magistrates court.
Niranjan Kumar married Sangeetha a year ago.
Niranjan reportedly did not want to have a child for at least five years after their marriage.
Seven months ago, Sangeetha conceived and moved to her parents house, after her husband allegedly pressurised her to undergo abortion.
After hearing the news of Sangeethas delivery on March 9, Niranjan came to Chennai from Bangalore. He visited the hospital along with his parents and took Sangeetha to his parents house.
On Friday morning Sangeetha was startled to find the infant missing.
After knowing about the baby, Sangeetha immediately informed the police and the fire brigade officials, who recovered the infants body.
Niranjan has to be punished. His parents have only given negative thoughts to him. My sister had been given sleeping tablet to fall into deep sleep. Niranjan took the child and threw her into the well, alleged Rajasekhar, Sangeethas brother.
We informed the police and the fire brigade after knowing about the baby. Police arrived and arrested Niranjan. Niranjan has also accepted his crime, Rajasekhar added. (ANI)
- Tripura couple throw newborn girl in septic tank, held - Jun 09, 2012
- Three held in Bengal for forcing woman to foetus sex test - Aug 07, 2012
- Andhra man beats wife for carrying girl child - Apr 03, 2012
- 4-day-old baby survives after complex surgery - Dec 13, 2011
- Irritated by wailing, father kills baby girl - Feb 06, 2012
- Receptiveness more important than routine for infant sleep - Aug 11, 2010
- Infant buried on tantrik's advice, survives - Apr 14, 2012
- Two women held for stealing baby - Dec 30, 2011
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Father kills infant daughter with nicotine - Apr 10, 2012
- Girl child found abandoned in Rajasthan - Jun 05, 2012
- Puerto Rico rocked by boy's death from malnutrition - Nov 22, 2011
- Poverty forces Bengal mother to sell child for Rs.2000 - May 22, 2012
- Huge Recall of Baby Video Monitors Linked to Two Deaths - Feb 12, 2011
- Woman who snatched baby from Chilean hospital nabbed - May 15, 2012
Tags: abortion, brother, deep sleep, fire brigade, friday morning, judicial custody, least five years, magistrates court, marriage, negative thoughts, parents, seven months, sleep, sleeping tablet, software engineer, year old software