Chelsea players question Scolaris coaching techniquesDecember 6th, 2008 - 11:16 am ICT by ANI
London, Dec.6 (ANI): Key Chelsea players John Terry and Frank Lampard have reportedly questioned coach Phil Scolaris coaching techniques.
Terry and Lampard went to see Scolari on Thursday to ask him to increase the intensity in training. Both stars feel the coaching has become too laid back and repetitive and that it is transmitting itself on to the field.
While Lampard publicly called for Chelsea to be less predictable, Terry questioned the desire of his teammates to make a go of it in both the Premier League and the Champions League.
The Sun quoted Terry as saying: Two wins in seven isnt good enough for a team like us. We need to put a string of results together now and over the Christmas period. Weve been doing a lot better away this year which is strange because we had a great home record for so long, he added. SunSport can also reveal there have been a series of team meetings this week in which players have vented out their frustrations.
Chelsea have lost the Premier League lead and face a Champions League clash with Romanian side Cluj on Tuesday which they have to win to be sure of qualifying for the knockout phase. Lampard is worried the Blues could become too predictable but boss Scolari insists his men must carry on passing.
Scolari, on the other hand, said: I dont have the players for a long ball or a high ball. The character of my players is to take touches on the ball, short passes. Its not a long ball from the central defender to the striker because our character is not for this. When we tried this, we are wrong. We lost some games but we need to lose games with our characteristics. Not change them.
Chelsea travel to the Reebok today to play a match against Bolton. (ANI)
- Terry hits back at Chelsea 'southern softies' tag - Jan 26, 2011
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Chelsea must get tough to win Premier League title: Mikel - Nov 27, 2010
- Terry hails Chelsea's team spirit - Jan 12, 2010
- No player in world can take Frank Lampard's place: Ancelotti - Dec 27, 2010
- Chelsea can still defend Premier League title: Lampard - Mar 08, 2011
- Lampard warns critics to brand Chelsea as 'pensioners' at their own risk - Sep 04, 2010
- John Terry apologises for being sent off against Barca - Apr 25, 2012
- Chelsea stars not ready for Premier League start: Ancelottie - Aug 05, 2010
- City will be a thorn in our flesh: Ferguson - Jul 19, 2011
- Valiant Chelsea knock Barca out, reach Champions League final - Apr 25, 2012
- Only three Chelsea players are in form, says coach Ancelotti - Feb 21, 2011
- Chelsea posses best attack of Premier League: Ancelotti - Apr 02, 2011
- United, Chelsea maintain pace as Arsenal stumble - Mar 28, 2010
- Chelsea will be cautiously optimistic about taking on Man City: Ancelotti - Sep 20, 2010
Tags: bolton, central defender, champions league, christmas period, clash, cluj, coach phil, frank lampard, frustrations, intensity, john terry, knockout, laid back, premier league, reebok, scolari, scolaris, striker, team meetings, teammates