Cheeky Girl Gabriela Irimia reveals secret miscarriage ordealJuly 20th, 2008 - 7:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 20 (ANI): Cheeky Girl member Gabriela Irimia has spoken about the traumatic secret miscarriage she suffered following her split with MP Lembit Opik.
As a sobbing Irimia revealed the news of the miscarriage, 43-year-old Opik had no idea at all that she was pregnant and had just before their break-up spoken about his dream of having kids with her.
“Losing the baby was the worst day of my life,” News of the World quoted Irimia as having said.
The pop star further confessed she regretted ever getting engaged to him, and described how her pregnancy had been terminated as she returned home to Rye, Sussex, after a charity run in London with fellow Cheeky star and twin sister Monica.
“I felt the most awful cramps in my stomach,” 25-year-old Gabriela stated.
“I never experienced that much pain in my life. It was agony and I didn”t know what to do.
“I wanted to call my mum Margit because she used to be a midwife back in Romania-but I”d kept the baby secret from her too.
“By the time we got back home it had turned into a chronic pain and I couldn”t sit down. I dragged myself upstairs and ran a bath hoping it would go away.
“But it was like a knife stabbing me and I thought I was dying. I totally panicked and started screaming for my mum. She came rushing in, saw the blood and said, ”Oh my God!”
“I was in shock and knew something really bad was happening. But Mum didn”t get hysterical she just coped with everything and got me to bed. I didn”t have to tell her I was pregnant, she knew. She thinks I must have been five or six weeks gone,” she said.
On her relationship with Opik, Irimia recalled how everything had gone downhill for them.
“At the end of June we weren”t getting on very well,” she said.
“There were lots of arguments over nothing. One reason was I kept thinking, ”If I am going to keep the baby, what’’s going to happen?” Would I live with him? It would be impossible. Would I live at his place near his constituency in Wales?
“Would I be waiting for him to come home two or three days a week? Some days he’’s in London and then he’’s in other parts of the country. Would I cope alone?
“My view is that you have to be living together to bring up a baby. I”d have to give up my career totally and to be honest I wouldn”t be prepared for that right now. I was really worried from so many angles.
“You have to be so certain about something like that and I just didn”t have the courage to tell him I was pregnant. I didn”t feel ready.
“I know Lembit will be shocked reading this today. I just couldn”t tell him any other way. I feel awful for not telling him. Obviously he had the right to know and if I could turn back time I would do it.
“Lembit had said so many times how much he wanted kids. He had this dream worked out of the perfect family. But I didn”t do this on purpose. My God, I feel so guilty about losing the baby. These terrible secrets have been too much to bear,” she added. (ANI)
- Pink confirms pregnancy - Nov 17, 2010
- Is Katie Green dating Lib Dem MP Lembit Opik? - Jul 05, 2009
- Gabriela Irimia cautioned by police for shoplifting - Jan 09, 2011
- Lily Allen trying for another baby in the New Year - Dec 17, 2010
- MP Lembit Opik dumped by his Cheeky Girls fiancee - Jul 13, 2008
- Beyonce not nervous about motherhood - Oct 18, 2011
- Lily Allen & Sam Cooper plan a New Year wedding - Nov 28, 2010
- Singer Marina Diamandis 'embarrassed' by ambition - Dec 25, 2011
- Tiger Woods got me pregnant twice, says porn star 'mistress' - Feb 16, 2010
- Stepmom dismisses Tiger's porn star mistress' 'twice pregnant' claims - Feb 16, 2010
- 29-year-old becomes Britain's youngest grand-dad - Jul 15, 2011
- Brit woman gives birth to own cousin after becoming surrogate for aunt - Apr 07, 2011
- Brit Muslim woman of Pak origin recalls attempted honour killing - Jul 29, 2010
- Mel B announces she's expecting her third child - Mar 22, 2011
- Kelly Brook devastated after losing baby - May 10, 2011
Tags: agony, cheeky girl, chronic pain, cramps, gabriela irimia, girl member, lembit opik, life news, margit, midwife, news of the world, ordeal, pop star, rye sussex, sister monica, six weeks, stomach, sussex, twin sister, worst day of my life