Cheat massage parlours cum brothels ripping off health funds Down UnderNovember 17th, 2008 - 5:37 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Nov 17 (ANI): An undercover investigation revealed that about 80 massage services in Sydney were actually brothels in disguise, offering sexual services in the name of raunchy massages, and even giving health funds rebate to regular customers.
It was found that the sexual services costing 60 dollars were billed as a massage or as acupuncture, and attracted a health fund rebate of 40 dollars.
Health fund investigators who posed as customers were offered sexual services during a raunchy massage in four Chinese massage and acupuncture centres, including one in Ryde and another in Paramatta.
The authorities nailed the perpetrators after chasing up Chinese community newspaper advertisements that offered to provide “young attractive masseuse with a health fund rebate”.
Others were identified when investigators spotted that their clients were males aged 36-72, and were charged for acupuncture treatments over consecutive days.
Australian Health Insurance Association chief Michael Armitage said that such fraudulent acts were ripping off health fund members and forcing up premiums.
According to estimates, fraudulent health fund claims may add about two per cent to the cost of the health insurance business every year.
“We work hard on providing premiums at the lowest price possible price and every time someone commits a fraud that means overall premiums go up for legitimate members so we”re very angry about it,” the Daily Telegraph quoted him as saying. (ANI)
- Chinese porn sites now shift to English content - Dec 20, 2010
- Malaysian parlour offering naked orgies in guise of foot massages - Jan 19, 2010
- Chinese prostitution ring busted in Italy - Jul 05, 2012
- Young Malay men lured into life of vice by 'massage parlours' - Dec 27, 2010
- Thailand Breaks World Record for Largest Mass Massage - Aug 31, 2012
- Malaysian masseuses shedding clothes to attract potential customers - Jan 04, 2010
- Star Health to raise Rs.150 crore fresh capital - Jul 31, 2012
- Star Health says it is in good health despite business loss - Jan 05, 2012
- Reliance launches online life insurance product - Jun 20, 2012
- Dubai's lewd massage parlours warned - Jan 26, 2011
- IndiaFirst Life forays into health insurance - Aug 03, 2011
- Profitability big challenge for Indian insurers: Report - Apr 11, 2011
- Owners killing their pets to get insurance payout - Nov 14, 2011
- Men as breast masseurs causes stir in Shanghai - May 20, 2011
- It's official! Sydney is the sex capital of Australia - Nov 12, 2010
Tags: acupuncture treatments, australian health, brothels, chinese community, chinese massage, consecutive days, daily telegraph, fraudulent acts, health fund members, health funds, health insurance association, health insurance business, legitimate members, massage parlours, massage services, masseuse, michael armitage, ryde, sexual services, undercover investigation