Charity run for orphan kids held in J-KJuly 20th, 2008 - 8:22 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar , July 20 (ANI): A charity run was organised for the rehabilitation of orphan kids in Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday.
Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir bank and SSP Srinagar Afadul Muztaba flagged off the ten kilometres run.
According to the organisers the main objective behind the run was to raise funds for the welfare of the orphan kids.
The objective of this charity run is to spread awareness about how the orphans and the vulnerable kids can be protected. All who have participated have donated something. All the corporate houses will donate something on regular basis that can help resolve the kids problems, said Fayaz Bhatt, organizer.
With no age bar hundreds of locals participated in this run to spread awareness and charity for the orphan kids in Kashmir .
I feel very happy as this is for charity. I regularly run but today I especially participated as it was for charity, said Humaira, participant.
Nineteen years of continues insurgency and the killings have left Kashmir with scores of orphan kids.
Violence involving Indian troops and separatist militants has declined since a peace process began in 2004 between India and Pakistan .
But people are still killed in daily shootouts and occasional bomb attacks that security agencies have warned will rise ahead of local elections due later this year. (ANI)
- Cycle rally to promote cleanliness in Kashmir Valley - Dec 08, 2010
- LeT car-bomber module busted in Srinagar - Jun 14, 2012
- Youth participate in marathon against drug abuse in Jammu and Kashmir - Apr 10, 2011
- Adhik Kadam's spiritual journey of service and suffering (Feature) - May 24, 2012
- Donate money for injured soldiers, urges Stevie Nicks - Nov 28, 2011
- 'Yatra' against special powers act to begin from Srinagar - Oct 15, 2011
- Over 1,200 stranded passengers ferried by IAF (Second Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- NGOs in Kashmir provide education facilities to militancy-affected girls - Mar 10, 2011
- Band with a difference rocks Srinagar - for a message - Nov 12, 2011
- Youngsters participate in cleanliness drive on Jhelum's banks - Jul 05, 2009
- Efron donates to charity for film crew's haircut - Dec 25, 2010
- South African schoolboys play cricket ties in Srinagar - Oct 01, 2011
- Solar-powered New York rock band performs in Srinagar - Nov 12, 2011
- Kashmir youth protest against human rights violations - Jul 20, 2010
- Hrithik Roshan Supporting Causes Outside Filmdom - Jan 27, 2011
Tags: bomb attacks, corporate houses, humaira, india and pakistan, indian troops, jammu and kashmir, jammu and kashmir bank, kashmir, kids violence, local elections, main objective, nineteen years, orphans, peace process, security agencies, separatist militants, shootouts, srinagar, ssp, vulnerable kids