Chargesheet filed against ex-Gujarat minister KodnaniMay 1st, 2009 - 7:57 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, May 1 (ANI): A charge sheet was filed against former Gujarat minister Maya Kodnani on Friday.
Kodnani has been slapped with a murder charge in connection with the Naroda Gam riot case.
Kodnani, who is now behind bars, is one of the prime accused in the Naroda Gam riots in which 11 persons were killed during the communal clashes in 2002.
“We have submitted a chargesheet against the accused in a local court. The charges have been framed under IPC Sections 120 (B) for criminal conspiracy, 302 for murder, 307 for attempt to murder, 395 and 397 for loot and 143 to 147 for rioting,” a senior SIT official said.
The chargesheet was filed in the court of metropolitan magistrate G M Patel. The official said all the accused including Kodnani and VHP leader Jaidip Patel were present in the court when the chargesheet was filed.
A chargesheet has also been filed against suspended police officer V S Gohil and Pankaj Parikh in the case.
The chargesheet said Maya and Patel had led a mob during the 2002 riots which killed 11 people.
Kodnani and Patel are behind bars while Gohil and Parikh are out on bail.
Kodnani is also a prime accused in the Naroda Patia massacre in which over 90 people were killed.
A separate chargesheet for Naroda Patia massacre will be filed by SIT in a few days, agency sources said.(ANI)
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Riot tainted Gujarat minister Maya Kodnani gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2009
- Maya Kodnani granted bail in 2002 riots case - May 19, 2009
- 32 convicted in Naroda Patiya massacre - Aug 29, 2012
- BJP legislator, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya carnage (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister Kodnani, 31 convicted (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Another Gujarat police officer faces action - Aug 11, 2011
- BJP lawmaker, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya killings - Aug 31, 2012
- BJP downplays ex-Gujarat minister's conviction - Aug 29, 2012
- Riot accused gets more time to reply to lawyer's charge - Jun 26, 2010
- Government cannot be linked to 2002 massacre: Gujarat - Aug 29, 2012
- Kapil Sibal, Ahmed Patel framed me: Maya Kodnani - Apr 04, 2009
- BJP mum on Maya Kodnani's sentence - Aug 31, 2012
- Naroda witnesses happy with court verdict (With Image) - Aug 29, 2012
- Court issues notice to two 2002 Gujarat riots accused - Apr 02, 2011
Tags: agency sources, ahmedabad, communal clashes, criminal conspiracy, few days, gohil, gujarat minister, ipc, local court, loot, magistrate, may 1, maya, mob, murder charge, parikh, police officer, riot, riots, vhp