Centre to review recognition of sports federations annuallyDecember 3rd, 2009 - 7:27 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 3 (ANI): Union Government on Thursday introduced the annual recognition procedure for all National Sports Federations.
The new procedure will come into force from January 2010.
In the communication sent to the concerned the Presidents and Secretary Generals of all recognised National Sports Federations ( NSFs) , the Union Sports Ministry has asked them to furnish detailed information relating to twenty important areas like details of current management along with affiliates states and units , memorandum of association , annual reports , audited accounts of last three years, names of core probables, coaches including foreign coaches, and government observers, participation in international, national and zonal championships etc.
The communication also mentions about the subsequent annual renewal will be automatic in respect of federation which submits the annual report and audited accounts along with information relating to twelve areas like on details of elections held, steps taken for dope free sports including compliance to World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) and National Anti Doping Agency (NADA) code along with details of cases found positive and action taken thereon.
The Sports Ministry also asked the details of funds received from various sources, action taken on issue of identity cards to national athletes and for prevention of age frauds. (ANI)
- Sports ministry moots annual recognition of federations - Dec 03, 2009
- Government mulling new law to curb doping menace: Maken - Jul 11, 2011
- SAI cracks the whip on coaches at NIS Patiala (Roundup) - Jul 07, 2011
- Doping mess: Punjab suspends drug controller - Jul 07, 2011
- IOA demands judicial inquiry in doping scandal - Jul 01, 2011
- Strict action against any athlete found guilty of drug abuse, says Gill - Sep 07, 2010
- Four NIS officials removed, NADA to test food supplements (Lead) - Jul 06, 2011
- IOA forms Ethics Commission comprising retired judges - Sep 12, 2011
- Asiad, CWG gold winner Ashwini, Priyanka also fail dope test (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- High court's interim relief for banned quarter-milers - Mar 30, 2012
- SAI notice to coaches, doctor at NIS Patiala - Jul 07, 2011
- Sports ministry to formulate National Sports Development law - Feb 01, 2011
- Zero tolerance for doping, says Indian chef-de-mission - Sep 09, 2010
- Athletics body transfers Mandeep, Juana dope cases to NADA - Jul 20, 2011
- Tug-of-war, atya-patya recognised, not cricket and hockey - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: annual report, annual reports, compliance, current management, frauds, free sports, generals, government observers, memorandum of association, national sports, New Delhi, nsfs, participation, presidents, prevention, sports ministry, union government, union sports, wada, world anti doping agency