Centre stresses on time bound implementation of forest rights actFebruary 19th, 2008 - 6:05 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 19 (ANI): The Ministry of Tribal Affairs has stressed the need for implementation of Forest Rights Act in a time bound manner and urged the States to complete the preliminary work for identification of beneficiaries by the middle of March.
In a two-day meeting of state Secretaries of Tribal Development today, the Secretary of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, G.B. Mukherji said that the Centre gives very high priority for the implementation of scheduled tribes and other traditional forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006.
Mukherji urged the states to draw action plan and set up effective monitoring mechanism at various levels for continuous review of the implementation of the Act.
The Minister also reviewed the progress of the implementation of the Act so far and explained various points related with its implementation.
The actionable points for the states and the roles of the Ministries of Environment and Forests and Panchayati Raj as envisaged in the Act were also explained in the meeting.
The meeting was also addressed by Secretary, Ministry of Panchayati Raj and senior officials of the Ministry of Environment and Forests. (ANI)
- New norms to improve forest rights act - Jul 13, 2012
- Dr. Tushar A. Chaudhary assumes charge as Minister of State for Tribal Affairs - Jun 01, 2009
- Implement PESA more effectively, says Joshi - Jan 08, 2011
- CCEA approves integrated action plan for tribal, backward districts - Nov 26, 2010
- A million tribals have got land rights: Tribal Affairs Minister (Interview) - Sep 12, 2010
- Forest rights panel on Uttar Pradesh visit from Saturday - Sep 03, 2010
- New norms for shifting people from forests withdrawn - Mar 07, 2011
- No ousting tribals from national parks, states told - Aug 26, 2010
- Tribals demand first right to forests, write to PM - Nov 03, 2009
- Jairam asks Orissa to resubmit POSCO report (Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- PM to chair National Council for Tribal Welfare - Sep 03, 2010
- Digvijay supports Supreme Court ruling on Salwa Judum - Jul 15, 2011
- Manmohan Singh to open Chief Ministers' conference on tribal development - Nov 03, 2009
- Orissa gets final nod for Posco project (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- No tribal dwellers in Posco project site, says Orissa - Apr 13, 2011
Tags: beneficiaries, forest dwellers, high priority, implementation, ministry of environment, ministry of environment and forests, New Delhi, senior officials, state secretaries, stresses, traditional forest, tribal affairs, tribal development, tribes