Centre notifies implementation of Forest Rights ActJanuary 1st, 2008 - 10:33 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Jan 1 (ANI): The Centre today issued a notification for implementing the provisions of the Scheduled Tribes and other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2007.
The law gives the forest dwellers exclusive rights over its resources.
The legal rights recognised under the Act include rights to cultivate forest land to the extent under occupation subject to a ceiling of four hectares, rights to collect, use and dispose of minor forest produce.
The Act will be beneficial to Scheduled Tribes and other forest dwellers living in and depending on forests for their livelihood for over 75 years before December 13, 2005. (ANI)
- New norms to improve forest rights act - Jul 13, 2012
- Help sought for tribals' livelihood plans in Tripura - Nov 16, 2011
- Nomadic Gujjars seek rights over forests in Kashmir - Nov 10, 2009
- Long wait for Posco - a timeline - May 02, 2011
- Panel to study impact of proposed mines in Orissa - Jul 01, 2010
- Digvijay supports Supreme Court ruling on Salwa Judum - Jul 15, 2011
- Jairam asks Orissa to resubmit POSCO report (Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- CPI-M to launch stir for reserving jobs for Muslims - Feb 26, 2012
- No ousting tribals from national parks, states told - Aug 26, 2010
- Tribals to protest denial of right to forests - Nov 02, 2009
- New norms for shifting people from forests withdrawn - Mar 07, 2011
- Orissa gets final nod for Posco project (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Woman power: Tribals stall eco-tourism project in Odisha - Jun 03, 2012
- 'Better connectivity of northeast India with rest of world is crucial' - Sep 24, 2010
- Tripura mulls reserving jobs for Muslims - Apr 18, 2011