Centre has fenced 3406 kms along Indo-Bangladesh borderNovember 27th, 2007 - 7:29 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Nov.27 (ANI): The Government of India has sanctioned 3406 kms of fencing along the Indo-Bangladesh border.
Out of this, 2529 kms of fencing has been erected. A pilot project of 277 kms of flood-lighting in the West Bengal sector was sanctioned and has since been completed.
An amount of Rs.2881.58 crore has been incurred on border works which includes the expenditure incurred on the construction of 3246 kms of roads and 23051 mtrs. of bridges. The project is likely to be completed by 2008-09.
This was stated in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs, V. Radhika Selvi. (ANI)
- 3 km of fencing along Indo-Bangladesh border done in August: Govt. - Sep 01, 2010
- Fencing of India-Bangladesh border in progress, says Chidambaram - Nov 01, 2010
- River erosion upsets BSF at India-Bangladesh border - May 08, 2012
- India to erect single row fence along Bangladesh border - Sep 18, 2012
- Govt sanctions 3436 kilometres of fencing along Indo-Bangladesh border - Aug 04, 2009
- Bangladesh relaxes norms for India to erect border fence - Apr 08, 2011
- Bangladesh against fencing at border zero-line: Sarkar - Mar 05, 2012
- Border fencing has improved in November: Chidambaram - Nov 30, 2010
- Tripura villagers affected by border fencing to step up stir - May 12, 2011
- Funds for infrastructure along borders fully utilized: Govt. - Aug 18, 2010
- Tripura offers land, housing to poor families - Jul 05, 2012
- Measures to check smuggling along Indo-Bangladesh border - Feb 17, 2009
- Budget tripled for protecting India-Pakistan border - Dec 01, 2009
- Pakistan Auditor General finds massive irregularities in ERRA accounts - Nov 29, 2010
- Displaced persons from India- Bangladesh border stages a protest rally in Agartala - Feb 15, 2011