Centre gives nod to three port projects worth over Rs. 2,000 croreJanuary 22nd, 2009 - 10:29 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan.22 (ANI): The Centre has approved three port projects on public private partnership (PPP) basis for the construction of container terminal at two ports in coastal Tamil Nadu and a coal terminal in Goa.
The Public Private Partnership Approval Committee (PPPAC) under the Finance Ministry had approved these three projects of Department of Shipping at its 22nd meeting on January 13.
“The estimated cost of the approved projects is Rs 2,053.23 crore,” an official release said on Thursday while adding that a container terminal each would be constructed at Ennore Port and Tuticorin Port, both in Tamil Nadu, at an investment of Rs. 1,407 crore and Rs. 312.23 crore respectively on build operate and transfer (BOT) basis.
In Goa, a coal terminal would be developed at a cost of Rs 334 crore on design, build, finance, operate and transfer (DBFOT) basis.
“Since its constitution in January 2006, PPPAC has granted approval to 94 projects, with an estimated project cost of Rs 94,783.576 crore,” the statement added.
The approved list of 94 projects included highways (81 projects), ports (nine projects), airports (two projects), tourism infrastructure (one project) and railways (one project). (ANI)
- Mega container terminal for Chennai port approved - Oct 12, 2010
- Tamil Nadu approves second phase of outer ring road - Jan 23, 2012
- Cabinet approves new quay at Visakhapatnam port - Nov 26, 2010
- Cabinet approves two laning of Tindivanam - Krishnagiri section of NH-66 - Nov 26, 2010
- Cabinet approves Rs.7,296 crore for Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust - Jan 28, 2010
- Two-laning of Tindivanam-Krishnagiri highway approved - Nov 26, 2010
- Chennai Port capacity to be expanded with Rs.100 billion - Jan 19, 2011
- Nod to highway projects worth Rs.4,814 crore - Mar 01, 2012
- Four-laning of highway in Madhya Pradesh approved - Sep 06, 2011
- Ennore Port's three new terminals go on stream - Jan 28, 2011
- Government clears three highway projects - Jan 12, 2012
- Cabinet approves development of Vizag's East Quay 1 - Nov 26, 2010
- Six PPP port projects to be sanctioned this year: Vasan - Feb 20, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to strengthen roads for Toshiba JSW Turbine's project - Jan 12, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to study LNG power project feasibility - Mar 29, 2012
Tags: airports, coal, constitution, container terminal, ennore port, estimated project, finance ministry, goa, highways, New Delhi, nod, port projects, ports, public private partnership, railways, rs 1, rs 2, tamil nadu, tourism infrastructure, tuticorin port