Centre gives nod to 8,000-crore-rupee package for flood-affected statesNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:19 am ICT by admin
The National Common Minimum Programme (NCMP) mentions that pending flood control and, drainage schemes in North Bihar and West Bengal, including prevention of erosion in Ganga-Padma and Bhagirathi, would be completed expeditiously.
The NCMP also states that the Central Government would fully support flood control works in inter-state and international Rivers, the government release said.
An Empowered Committee of Secretaries headed by the Finance Secretary was constituted to select projects under the scheme in the Ganga Basin, Brahmputra and Barak basins and other areas on the basis of Detailed Project Report.
The Scheme will be implemented through State Government and monitored by Ganga Flood Board and Central Water Commission. Their progress will be evaluated through remote sensing techniques and through independent agency. (ANI)
- Pranab's budget gift for West Bengal - Feb 26, 2010
- Centre approves Rs 7000 crore project to clean Ganga - Apr 28, 2011
- Murshidabad welcomes embankment protection scheme - Feb 27, 2010
- Cabinet clears Rs.7,000 crore to clean Ganga - Apr 28, 2011
- Holy Ganga receives 2,900 million litres sewage daily: PM - Apr 17, 2012
- Khurshid to visit Nepal on floods issue - May 25, 2011
- World Bank loan to clean the Ganga - Jun 13, 2011
- Ganga activists threaten to re-launch campaign - May 14, 2012
- 135km stretch of Ganga in Uttarakhand gets green shield - Nov 02, 2010
- India signs agreement with World Bank to clean Ganga - Jun 14, 2011
- Bangladesh objections hold up Tripura projects: Minister - Aug 04, 2012
- Here are some facts on the river Ganga - Mar 25, 2012
- Salman Khurshid to assess Ganga flood control measures in UP - Mar 25, 2011
- Punjab sanctions Rs.122 crore for flood control projects - Jun 07, 2011
- Jairam Ramesh emphasises at the need of river conservation - Feb 10, 2010
Tags: central water, detailed project, drainage development, drainage schemes, erosion, expeditiously, finance secretary, flood control works, flood management, flood proofing, ganga, independent agency, inter state, international rivers, management works, north bihar, prone area, river management, union cabinet, water commission