Centre approves Rs. 18,238 crore projects for six-lane highwaysJanuary 29th, 2009 - 11:49 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan.29 (ANI): The UPA government has approved six laning of 1,409.93 km of highways in various States at an estimated cost of Rs 18,238 crore under the National Highways Development Project (NHDP).
“The six-laning of nine sub-projects in Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan, Orissa, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh under NHDP phase V was approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) yesterday,” an official spokesperson said here on Thursday.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved Rs 550.68 crore project for four-laning of 65 km Vijayawada-Machilipatnam section in Andhra Pradesh under NHDP, he said.
All nine stretches, including Delhi-Agra, Kishangarh-Udaipur, Chandikhol-Jagatpur-Bhubaneshwar and Vijaywada-Elluru-Rajamundri, will be developed by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) under public-private-partnership (PPP).
Other stretches include Varanasi-Aurangabad, Nellore-Chilkaluripet, Krishnagiri-Walahjpet, Belgaum-Dharwad and Indore-Dewas sections.
The concession period for the nine stretches vary from 26 to 30 years for various projects, including construction period of 30 months.
The NHAI would select private sector concessionaires through a two-stage bidding process. The first stage of the bidding process for pre-qualification of bidders has been completed while the second stage is in process.
Moreover, the official said, the government would provide a viability gap funding (VGF), which would not exceed 40 percent of Rs 550.68 crore total project cost for Vijayawada-Machilipatnam section in Andhra Pradesh.
The VGF excludes land acquisition, rehabilitation, resettlement and pre-construction.
About Rs 83 crore out of total project cost has been earmarked for land acquisition, rehabilitation, resettlement and pre-construction. (ANI)
- Government clears three highway projects - Jan 12, 2012
- Government approves 15 highway projects worth Rs.15,680 crore - Nov 16, 2011
- Nod to highway projects worth Rs.4,814 crore - Mar 01, 2012
- L&T; clinches Rs.2,164-crore road development project - Dec 13, 2011
- Ramky Infra bags two road projects worth Rs.2,240.65 crore - Dec 01, 2011
- Centre approves Rs 1,479 crore under NHDP in Jharkhand - Aug 20, 2010
- CCEA approves four laning of Cuddapah-Mydukur-Kurnool Highway - Jan 15, 2009
- Four-laning of highway in Madhya Pradesh approved - Sep 06, 2011
- Sea water reverse osmosis plant to be established in Chennai - Jan 02, 2009
- IVRCL Group bags orders worth Rs.4,081 crore - Apr 02, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh/Maharashtra Border-Nagpur to be four laned - Feb 11, 2009
- Two-laning of Tindivanam-Krishnagiri highway approved - Nov 26, 2010
- Cabinet approves six laning of parts of NH-4, 8A, 8 in NHDP V - Jan 09, 2010
- Gammon Infra bags contract worth Rs.850 crore - Nov 20, 2009
- Cabinet approves two laning of Tindivanam - Krishnagiri section of NH-66 - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: andhra pradesh, bhubaneshwar, cabinet committee, concessionaires, construction period, dharwad, economic affairs, kishangarh, land acquisition, lane highways, laning, national highways authority, nhai, pre construction, pre qualification, public private partnership, resettlement, tamil nadu, vgf, vijaywada