Centre approves revised ICT scheme for schoolsJanuary 9th, 2010 - 6:41 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 9 (ANI): The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on Saturday approved a revised scheme of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in schools during the XI Plan.
About 1.08 lakh government and government aided secondary and higher secondary schools are envisaged to be covered in the XI Plan.
The strategy is aimed at imparting of computer literacy and ICT enabled teaching learning. The schools would be provided the required computer hardware, software and e-content for the purpose. Dependable power supply and internet connectivity, preferably broadband, would be provided to the schools.
The scheme helps for capacity building of more than 10 lakh teachers in using ICT based tools for teaching through induction and refresher trainings.
It would concentrate on development and dissemination of appropriate e-content in the regional languages to enhance the comprehension levels of children in various subjects.
The strategy also include a scheme of rewards for teachers and schools for encouraging use of ICT in the teaching learning process will also be instituted.
It is estimated that an amount of Rs.6926.13 crore would be required during the XI Plan. The actual expenditure by the Central Government would be restricted to the Plan allocation of Rs.6000 crore for the scheme. (ANI)
- Computer education now in 108,000 government schools - Jan 09, 2010
- Five Kerala schools get infotech upgrade - Dec 29, 2010
- Intel donates 625 laptops for Kerala e-learning school project - Oct 02, 2011
- ICT potential in universities to be enhanced - Nov 01, 2011
- IT, communications powerful development tools: Sibal - May 16, 2011
- IGNOU-KVS sign MoU for teachers training - Mar 14, 2011
- 'New class 10 ICT textbook with animation and GIS' - Feb 27, 2012
- Minister calls for developing laptop for $10 - Aug 25, 2009
- Kapil Sibal unveils low cost access-cum-Computing Device - Jul 22, 2010
- Restructure Pakistan's education system: Daily - Feb 20, 2012
- Sibal inaugurates NPTEL 'National Video Server' - Feb 09, 2011
- Differently-abled students in Kerala to be made computer literate - Nov 01, 2011
- Google better at advising teachers than Scotland's curriculum body - Nov 06, 2010
- British kids will get failed teachers - Dec 17, 2011
- Haryana proposes teacher evaluation - Jul 18, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,