Centre approves CPMF scholarship scheme to attract young medicosJune 30th, 2010 - 10:09 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 30 (ANI): Union Home Minister P Chidambaram on Wednesday said that the Centre has approved a scholarship scheme for medical students and institutions willing to serve in Central paramilitary forces (CPMF).
Presenting Union Home Ministry’s June month’s report card, Chidambaram said: “The scholarship scheme for medical students in selected medical colleges/institutions willing to serve in CPMFs was approved.”
Central paramilitary forces will provide special scholarship of Rs 10,000 per month to 25 medical students from the next academic session who are willing to serve in the forces after completion of their studies.
The scheme is aimed at attracting talented medicos to CPMF medical services.
The CPMFs –Assam Rifles, BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBPF, SSB and NSG have a vast network of 39 composite hospitals and about 550 unit or training institution hospitals to provide health care coverage.
The CPMFs provide medical service to over eight lakh force personnel and their families all over the country.
For the academic session 2010-11, willing and deserving candidates having confirmed admission can download the application form for scholarship from websites of any of the central police forces.
After selection, they will have to complete the course in time and thereafter serve in Central paramilitary forces for a minimum period of ten years for which they are required to sign an agreement.(ANI)
- Scholarship scheme for medicos to attract them to para-medical services - Jun 29, 2010
- Surrender of ULFA leaders, a step in the right direction: Chidambaram (Part I) - Dec 01, 2009
- Govt. to deploy hundred companies of paramilitary forces for WB polls - Mar 01, 2011
- Centre released Rs 586.02 crore to States under MPF scheme, says Chidambaram - Nov 01, 2010
- Post-Class 10 scholarships hiked for Schedule Tribes students - Jun 02, 2011
- Centre to give a 500 crore-rupee boost to paramilitary forces - Jul 03, 2009
- No women as officers of border forces, says government - Jun 01, 2010
- Unified Commands for Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Orissa, W.Bengal - Sep 01, 2010
- Relaxation for Mizos joining central paramilitary forces - Aug 12, 2010
- India's capacity to deal with security challenges will be better by 2012: Chidambaram - Nov 30, 2010
- Educational aid for poor: BJP to raise issue in parliament - Aug 18, 2012
- Govt. sanctions Rs. 60.67 crores for central paramilitary forces - Mar 03, 2010
- Suicides increase in paramilitary forces - Aug 08, 2012
- Centre's transport sops for paramilitary troopers, soldiers - Jul 30, 2010
- Rajiv appointed new CISF chief - Jan 18, 2012
Tags: academic session, application form, assam rifles, crpf, deserving candidates, health care coverage, lakh, medical colleges, medical service, medical students, minimum period, New Delhi, p chidambaram, paramilitary forces, police forces, scholarship scheme, ssb, training institution, union home minister, union home ministry