CEC meets seven District Collectors of GujaratNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:31 am ICT by admin
District Superintendent of Police Vamang Gamir of Vadodara (rural) and Commissioner of Police P C Thakur also attended the meeting.
Gopalaswamy is scheduled to meet the local political leaders on November 6.
On October 31, Gopalaswami interacted with the District Electoral Officers (DEO) of Vadodara, Godhra, Dahod, Narmada and Bharuch.
In the run up to the two-phase polling, political activities have started gaining momentum, particularly after the Tehelka sting operations related to 2002 post Godhra riots, with the BJP and the Congress trading charges and counter-charges against each other.
The electoral process for the 12th Gujarat State Assembly will begin from November 15, and state electorate will cast their votes on December 11 and 16.
Counting of votes for the 182-member Gujarat Assembly will take place on December 23.
The Bharatiya Janata Party managed to win 127 seats, while the Congress party was able to win only 51 seats in the 2002 Gujarat Assembly polls. The Janata Dal (United) and independents won two seats each. (ANI)
- CEC to commence three-day Gujarat visit today - Nov 14, 2007
- BJP improves Gujarat tally, key Congress candidates lose (Third Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Congress in Gujarat: Lost in the shadows (Gujarat Newsletter) - Mar 24, 2011
- Gujarat government shuffles 41 IAS officers - Mar 26, 2008
- Poll panel begins groundwork for polls in five states - Sep 04, 2012
- BJP sweeps local bodies polls in Gujarat - Oct 23, 2010
- Hours before poll panel's arrival, Rs.85 lakh seized in Punjab - Dec 26, 2011
- Electoral process in Gujarat to begin today - Nov 15, 2007
- Electoral process in Gujarat to begin tomorrow - Nov 14, 2007
- Bajrangi said he felt like Rana Pratap after Naroda killings - Aug 29, 2012
- Heavy rainfall in Gujarat - Aug 13, 2008
- Less than 40 percent rainfall in 11 of 26 Gujarat districts - Aug 25, 2009
- EC to visit West Bengal to oversee poll preparedness - Apr 27, 2011
- Congress MP breaks down over Gujarat police action (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Gujarat NCP demands seven Lok Sabha seats from Congress - Mar 05, 2009
Tags: assembly polls, bharatiya janata party, bjp, cec, commissioner of police, congress, electoral officers, godhra riots, gujarat state, navsari, state electorate, sting operations, tehelka, vadodara