CDs supposed to be having Haj information, have Hindi film instead!November 2nd, 2008 - 2:28 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore , Nov 2 (ANI): Quite to the surprise to many, a Hindi movie was erroneously dubbed on CDs supposed to be containing Haj-related information.
The error was detected only when they landed in the hands of the ultimate users.
The CDs were forwarded to all four provincial offices and travel agents across the country. They were recorded at a private firm in Rawalpindi .
Each CD cost the pilgrims Rs 50.
Some of these CDs, bought from a stall at the Haji camp in Karachi , contained an Indian film, confirmed Karachi Haj Director Abdul Sattar Sameeto.
I have informed the ministry about the CDs, the Daily Times quoted Sameeto as saying in a TV interview.
He added about 10-20 percent of the CDs sent to Karachi had the film recorded on them. (ANI)
- Gilani to oust Religious Affairs Minister over defective Haj arrangements - Nov 21, 2010
- First flight of Haj pilgrims arrives in Srinagar - Nov 30, 2011
- Run trains on time, directs Pakistani PM - Jul 05, 2012
- List of those sentenced in Godhra case - Mar 01, 2011
- Apex court backs women tour operators on Haj quota (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Valid passports must for Indian Haj pilgrimage from 2012 - May 22, 2012
- Haj subsidy to end in 10 years, rules Supreme Court (Roundup) - May 08, 2012
- Apex court observations on Haj subsidy - May 08, 2012
- India pays Rs.600 crore as Haj subsidy annually - May 08, 2012
- Apex court observations on Haj subsidy (Lead, superseding earlier story) - May 09, 2012
- Orientation programme held for Haj pilgrims in Poonch - Jul 25, 2010
- Over 34,000 Indian Haj pilgrims in Saudi Arabia - Oct 08, 2011
- Haj VIP quota is bad: Supreme Court - Oct 18, 2011
- Government to meet Muslim MPs on Haj facility reforms - Feb 24, 2011
- Remove Haj subsidy in 10 years, SC tells government (Second Lead) - May 08, 2012