CD played in court showing Ajay Katara took bribeMay 24th, 2008 - 6:10 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 24 (ANI): In a new turn to the Nitish Katara murder case, a CD was played in a Delhi court today which allegedly showed key witness Ajay Katara, admitting to taking bribe for testifying in the case.
Additional Sessions Judge Ravinder Kaur who was to decide prime accused Vikas Yadav’s application seeking re-examination of Ajaya Katara following emergence of alleged new developments in the case, said, “I will first watch the CD before deciding the application.”
She asked the mediapersons, accused Vikas, his father D P Yadav, co-accused Vishal and Ajay Katara to go outside the court.
The court reserved its order on the application filed under Section 311 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) dealing with court’s power to recall witnesses after watching the CD for about 15 to 20 minutes. It will pronounce the order later in the day.
Meanwhile, Ajay Katara has filed an application along with an affidavit, claiming that he was forced to drink liquor and the statements attributed to him were not true.
He said he stands by his testimony given during the trial and repeated that he saw the victim Nitish Katara with the accused on the fateful night of 16th -17th February 2002.
The court will hear the arguments on his application at later stage.
Vikas has filed an application for an inquiry against Ajay Katara for giving false evidence during the trial which the court said, will be decided at the time of judgement in the case. (ANI)
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict - Jul 17, 2012
- Death term sought for Katara murder convict - Jan 20, 2012
- Death term sought for Katara murder convict (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Arguments on punishment July 12 - Jul 07, 2011
- Defence wants to re-examine key witness in Katara murder case - May 26, 2008
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder case judgement date to be announced Wednesday - May 27, 2008
- Court has stayed my arrest, says Katara murder witness - Mar 13, 2010
- Katara murder case: Vikas Yadav withdraws bail plea - Oct 21, 2011
- Vikas Yadav wants four days leave from jail - Nov 09, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Third accused held guilty - Jul 06, 2011
- Trial starts in high-profile telecom airwaves case (Roundup) - Nov 11, 2011
- Give death to Nitish Katara killers, police tell court - Aug 28, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: 311, affidavit, bribe, d p yadav, delhi court, emergence, false evidence, fateful night, kaur, key witness, liquor, may 24, New Delhi, new developments, nitish katara murder, nitish katara murder case, ravinder, sessions, testimony, time of judgement