CCEA approves policy for conversion of existing urea unitsFebruary 11th, 2009 - 7:08 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 11 (ANI): The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) today approved a policy to offer compensation to urea plants running on other fuels for conversion into gas-based units.
The new policy provides for a special fixed cost towards reimbursement of the cost of conversion to the urea unit after its conversion to gas is completed.
The conversion of these units will lead to increase in efficiency of urea production in the country and also add to usage of natural gas, which is the most efficient and cleaner fuel for production of urea in the country.
It also approved a special dispensation under New pricing Scheme, Stage-III, to enable restart of production of urea from the Trombay-V unit of M/s. Rashtriya Chemicals Limited which has remained closed for last more than 4 years.
The restart of RCF Trombay will add to indigenous production of urea and reduce import dependence towards meeting the requirement of urea in the country.
It has also approved restart of existing Naphtha based units which are under shutdown, on naphtha, provided they convert to gas before March 2010, as is necessary for other operational Naphtha based units. (ANI)
- Ministerial panel approves investment policy on urea - Feb 24, 2012
- Revised cost for Tripura power project gets nod - Jan 28, 2011
- Indian fertiliser units can shift to gas, fresh equity for banks - Feb 11, 2009
- 100 MW gas based power project to be set up in Tripura - Jan 27, 2011
- Budget signals major subsidy reform on fertilizers, kerosene (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Tata Chemicals to set up urea plant in Tripura - Sep 11, 2012
- Fertiliser makers want government to raise urea price - Sep 20, 2012
- Six firms keen to partner ONGC for Tripura fertilizer plant - Apr 12, 2012
- Gas allocation not possible for power projects, says minister - Aug 13, 2012
- Air India's first Dreamliner arrives after 4-year wait - Sep 08, 2012
- NTPC's second coal-based power plant to start operations - Jul 17, 2010
- No plan to increase urea price: Fertiliser minister - Jan 16, 2012
- Indian, Israeli experts tap sun for hybrid power plants - Feb 14, 2012
- Shareholders approve Reliance Power-RNRL merger - Sep 06, 2010
- JCB launches new 16-valve diesel engine - Mar 29, 2011
Tags: cabinet committee, chemicals limited, conversion, dispensation, economic affairs, efficiency, fixed cost, import dependence, indigenous production, naphtha, natural gas, New Delhi, plants, rashtriya chemicals, stage iii, urea production