CCEA approves implementation of Marketing and Export Promotion SchemeNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:14 am ICT by admin
Out of Rs.230 crore, Rs. 205.00 crore has been earmarked for marketing promotion component and the balance Rs.25.00 crore will be for handlooms export promotion.
Marketing promotion component includes organising of exhibitions, events and craft melas; setting up of urban haats and marketing complexes; publicity and awareness; geographical indication, handlooms marketing complex, Janpath, New Delhi and handloom mark.
Handlooms export promotion includes export project, international fairs and exhibitions, setting up of design studios and miscellaneous promotion events/activities.
With the assistance under the scheme, it is expected that the marketing promotion component will benefit more than 27 lakh handloom weavers and increase their sales of handlooms products in the domestic market.
Further, the handlooms export promotion component will assist weavers in product diversification and the development of exportable products and give them exposure to international markets. (ANI)
- Corporates told to give handlooms, handicraft products as gift items - Aug 13, 2012
- Govt. is committed to help weavers to meet challenges of globalisation: Vaghela - Feb 17, 2009
- Vaghela to lay foundation stone of ''Handloom Marketing Complex'' tomorrow - Feb 16, 2009
- Vaghela to lay foundation stone of ''Handloom Marketing Complex'' today - Feb 17, 2009
- India, Bangladesh start joint study to boost border trade - Jun 09, 2012
- 'India can be world leader in handmade textiles' - Jan 05, 2012
- Village handicrafts go on show at Dilli Haat - Dec 03, 2011
- Government offers Rs.1,700 crore sops to boost exports - Oct 13, 2011
- Government's loan waiver to benefit 300,000 weavers - Dec 14, 2011
- Himachal reviving Chamba art forms - Oct 30, 2011
- Handloom weavers to get credit card, interest subsidy - Nov 19, 2011
- Government announces sops; eyes 20 percent exports growth - Jun 05, 2012
- India, Bangladesh to set up more border markets - Jul 27, 2012
- Centre constitute a committee to study cost of working capital - Mar 11, 2010
- India to achieve $500 billion exports target - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: ccea, crore, domestic market, earmarked, exhibitions, export promotion, exportable products, geographical indication, handloom weavers, international fairs, international markets, lakh, melas, organising, product diversification, project international, promotion events, promotion marketing, promotion scheme