CCEA approves centrally sponsored post-matric scholarship for minority studentsNovember 30th, 2007 - 8:19 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi , Nov 30 (ANI): The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has given its approval for a 100 per cent Centrally sponsored Scheme of post-matric scholarship for students belonging to the minority communities.
The scheme will be launched during the financial year 2007-08 targeting 15 lakh scholarships for the eleventh Five Year Plan (2007-2012) period.
The scholarships will be awarded to students from the minority communities, fulfilling the merit-cum-means criteria, studying in the countrys Government or private higher secondary schools/colleges/universities, including residential Government institutes, eligible private institutes elected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government / Union Territory Administration concerned and technical and vocational courses in Industrial Trade Institutes (ITIs)/Industrial Trade Centres (ITCs) affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training.
The scheme has the potential to lift the economic condition of minority communities, which in turn, will contribute to the economic development of the country, said a government release. (ANI)
- Budget: Minority girl students to get free cycles - Mar 16, 2012
- Post-Class 10 scholarships hiked for Schedule Tribes students - Jun 02, 2011
- Over 40,000 scholarships provided to minority community - Jul 13, 2012
- Khurshid launches student module of OSMS for minority community students - Apr 15, 2011
- Scholarship schemes for minorities approved - Jul 27, 2008
- Rs.1,300 crore spent on 'quality' education of SC students - Feb 25, 2010
- Rs.120 crore to Andhra for scholarship - Oct 05, 2010
- India raises education, health spending (Second Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Social Justice and Empowernment Ministry utilizes over 97 percent of 2010-11 plan budget - Apr 03, 2011
- Pakistani scholarships for 600 Afghan students - Jul 01, 2012
- Haryana to set up 13 Industrial Training Institutes - Sep 18, 2010
- Education gets 24 percent hike (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Education gets 24 percent hike in budget allocation - Feb 28, 2011
- Haryana to increase industrial training seats by nearly 100,000 - Aug 04, 2010
- Vocational training for 1 mn Indians with Swiss help - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: cabinet committee, ccea, economic affairs, economic condition, government institutes, government union, industrial trade, itcs, itis, lakh, matric, minority communities, minority students, private institutes, scholarship, scholarships, transparent manner, union territory, vocational courses