CBI’s Shopian report not gospel truth: High CourtDecember 14th, 2009 - 2:33 pm ICT by ANI
Jammu, Dec 14 (ANI): The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday submitted its final report in the Shopian rape and murder case to the Jammu and Kashmir High Court, but the latter said that the report was not gospel truth.
The investigating agency, which had been given two-months time from October 13 to complete its probe into the alleged rape-cum-murder case, submitted statements of witnesses and the forensic examination of the bodies of Neelofar (22) and her sister-in-law Aasiya (17).
The Shopian incident had sparked off an agitation across Kashmir. Protesters are still demanding that those responsible be brought to justice.
On September 12, the Jammu and Kashmir High Court had granted bail to four policemen who were accused of having a role in the case.
The policemen - Former Superintendent of Police of Shopian Javed Iqbal Mattoo, Deputy Superintendent of Police Rohit Baskota, Station House Officer Shopian Shafiq Ahmed and Sub-inspector Gazi Abdul Rehman - were released on payment of a bond of Rs.50, 000 each.
The four had been accused of destroying evidence related to the case. (ANI)
- CBI gives clean chit to accused in Shopian rape and murder case - Dec 14, 2009
- Shopian case: CBI to submit report today - Dec 14, 2009
- Shopian case: Relatives protest against delay in justice - Jun 07, 2010
- Shopian rape and murder case: Victims family refuses to accept CBI's report - Dec 14, 2009
- Shopian rape case: Lawyers forum demands probe - Dec 19, 2009
- Kashmir shuts down over CBI's Shopian murder conclusions - Dec 15, 2009
- Shopian victims bodies to be exhumed today - Sep 28, 2009
- CBI exhumes Shopian victims bodies - Sep 28, 2009
- Shopian Case: J and K High court grants bail to four cops - Sep 11, 2009
- CBI takes over Shopian rape and murder case - Sep 17, 2009
- Shopian court rejects bail plea of J- K police officers - Aug 06, 2009
- Mehbooba Mufti throws microphone at Speaker in Kashmir Assembly - Jul 27, 2009
- Shopian case: J- K police officers bail plea hearing today - Jul 27, 2009
- SC directs arrested J and K cops to move bail petition in Shopian case - Jul 24, 2009
- Four Shopian police officers' blood samples collected - Jul 19, 2009
Tags: agitation, alleged rape, cbi, central bureau of investigation, deputy superintendent, destroying evidence, forensic examination, gospel truth, house officer, investigating agency, javed iqbal, kashmir, murder case, policemen, protesters, rehman, rs 50, sister in law, station house