CBI’s clean chit proves my innocence again: TytlerApril 2nd, 2009 - 7:30 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 2 (ANI): Congress leader Jagdish Tytler on Thursday said the Central Bureau of Investigation’s clean chit to him had once again proved his innocence in connection with the 1984 anti-Sikh riots case.
“I was given clean chit earlier also. But a political conspiracy was hatched against me. I am innocent. The truth has come out once again,” said Tytler, the Congress candidate from North-East Delhi.
He also blamed the media for keeping the issue alive.
“It is the media which has been keeping the issue alive. I am happy today that the truth has prevailed. I will fight the election. I am hundred percent sure that I will get the votes from all sections of society,” he added.
The CBI had earlier told a Delhi court that it wanted to close the probe against Tytler as it did not have sufficient evidence to proceed on the matter.
The court, however, rejected the plea.
Tytler was among the three prominent leaders named in the reports on anti-Sikh riots, the other two being Sajjan Kumar and the late H. K. L. Bhagat. (ANI)
- Sikhs demand death sentence for Sajjan Kumar, Jagdish Tytler - May 05, 2010
- Tytler given clean chit in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case - Apr 27, 2010
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots: CBI seeks dismissal of case against Tytler - Jul 24, 2010
- Don't close riots case probe against Tytler, court told - Feb 16, 2012
- Sikhs protest as CBI clears Tytler in 1984 riots case (Roundup) - Apr 02, 2009
- Sajjan Kumar accuses CBI of playing fraud - May 19, 2012
- US-based Sikh wants to depose against Tytler - Jan 25, 2012
- 1984 riots: CBI blames Sajjan Kumar for inciting mob - Apr 23, 2012
- Sajjan claims right to confront witness with proof - May 23, 2012
- Sikhs protest to demand Rajoana's release - Mar 28, 2012
- Court allows Sajjan Kumar's plea in 1984 riots case - Aug 03, 2012
- Named in riots case after 16 years: Sajjan Kumar - Aug 14, 2012
- Don't close riots case probe against Tytler, court told (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- 1984 riots: Sajjan Kumar's plea dismissed - Jun 02, 2012
- Supreme Court suspends Sajjan Kumar trial in '84 riots case - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: anti sikh riots, cbi, central bureau of investigation, clean chit, congress candidate, congress leader, delhi court, east delhi, innocence, jagdish tytler, New Delhi, plea, political conspiracy, truth