CBI team visits area where Rizwanur’s body was foundNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:35 am ICT by admin
A seven-member team led by Joint Director, Special Crime Cell, Arun Kumar has inspected the site to gather evidences.
Earlier today, the team held a meeting at the CBI office at Salt Lake.
According to CBI sources, the team is also expected to meet Ashok Todi, against whom a case has been registered by the CBI.
The investigation agency has registered an FIR against Todi and others under Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
On Wednesday, the West Bengal Government ordered transfer of top police officials of the State including, Kolkata Police Commissioner Prasun Mukherjee.
Mukherjee, and his two deputies - Gyanwant Singh and Ajay Kumar, along with Assistant Commissioner of the Anti-Rowdy section Sukanti Chakraborty and Sub-Inspector Krishnendu Ghosh were handed transfer orders as there were allegations against them of harassing Rizwanur.
The High Court had ordered a CBI probe into the case on Tuesday.
According to media reports, some police officers, who were allegedly influenced by Todi, pressurised Rizwanur to end his marriage with Priyanka.
Though police initially said that Rizwanur had committed suicide, his family members were not convinced and they moved High Court seeking a CBI inquiry into his death, as they had “no faith” in any inquiry conducted by any state agency.
The CBI has been asked to submit its report in next two months. (ANI)
- Rizwanur case: Kolkata court directs framing of suicide charges against Todi - Apr 21, 2011
- Rizwan case: Calcutta HC directs CBI to initiate fresh probe - May 18, 2010
- Court asks CBI to conduct fresh probe into Rizwanur death - May 18, 2010
- Rizwanur case: CBI moves Supreme Court, challenges Calcutta High Court's order - Sep 01, 2010
- Rizwanur case: Supreme Court to decide on CBI probe - Mar 01, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Calcutta High Court to frame charges against Todi - Mar 21, 2011
- Court orders CBI to probe Rizwanur death afresh (Lead) - May 18, 2010
- Supreme Court rejects reinvestigation in Rizwanur murder case - Mar 01, 2011
- CBI prays for abetment to suicide in Rizwanur case - Mar 21, 2011
- Rizwanur's mother now hopeful of getting justice - May 18, 2010
- Put Ashok Todi to trial in Rizwanur case: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Rizwanur case: CBI grills Ashok Todi's brother - Nov 14, 2007
- CBI interrogates Rizwanur's wife Priyanka Todi - Nov 14, 2007
- Rizwanur case: CBI registers FIR against Ashok Todi, others - Nov 14, 2007
- Kolkata cops guilty, Rizwanur's mother tells apex court - Feb 22, 2011
Tags: ajay kumar, arun kumar, ashok, assistant commissioner, cbi inquiry, cbi probe, cbi sources, cbi team, indian penal code, investigation agency, marriage, member team, ordered transfer, priyanka, todi, west bengal government