CBI team to start fresh investigations in Kashmir sex racket caseNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:00 am ICT by admin
Expressing surprise over the way CBI had conducted the probe with regard to certain persons named by the victims, the High Court on Monday said the agency should investigate the two cases registered at police station Magam (2005) in Budgam district and Maharaj Gunj (2004) in Jammu.
The CBI team will investigate both the FIRs during their visit to the city.
The team is expected to question Transport Minister Hakeem Mohammad Yaseen besides Congress and PDP MLAs, Hassan Khan and Yogesh Sawhney, Director General Prisons Rajinder Tickoo, DIG Niyaz Mehmood, SSPs Ashkoor Wani and Sheikh Mehmood, former J and K Bank Chairman and Yes Bank vice president M Y Khan, besides Nissar Ahmed Sheikh, a close kin of an NC leader.
The sex racket, which came to surface in March last year, rocked the state after the victims named some high profile politicians, security officials, bureaucrats and businessmen as exploiters.
In Srinagar, Transport Minister Hakeem Mohammad Yasin, whose name figures among a list of persons named in the sex racket case, claimed innocence.
Without naming the PDP which roped the minister’s brother into its fold last year, Yasin said “these people have been running a malicious campaign for the past several years to tarnish my image”. (ANI)
- Ruckus in Kashmir assembly over cricket scam - Mar 13, 2012
- Kashmir cricket body lodges report with police - Mar 10, 2012
- Srinagar old city restrictions enter third day - Jun 28, 2012
- Normalcy slowly returning to Srinagar - Jun 27, 2012
- PDP demands CBI probe into Kashmir's cricket scam - Mar 12, 2012
- Mehbooba accuses CBI of shielding Omar Abdullah in sex scandal - Jul 29, 2009
- Chidambaram to 'clarify' Kashmir sex scandal controversy: CBI - Jul 28, 2009
- After sex slur, chaos rules Kashmir assembly (Second Lead) - Jul 29, 2009
- CBI to file charge sheet in Prajapati killing in few days (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Kashmir police bust human trafficking racket - Mar 09, 2012
- The sex scandal that led Omar Abdullah to quit - Jul 28, 2009
- Court views Achuthananandan's petition on sex scandal seriously - Sep 23, 2011
- PDP rips CBI 'clean chit', NC guns for Baig - Jul 29, 2009
- SC notice to Kerala on Achuthanandan's plea - Jul 05, 2012
- More drama over sex scandal in Kashmir assembly (Lead) - Jul 29, 2009