CBI seeks Rajesh Talwar’s custody from NOIDA courtJune 2nd, 2008 - 4:56 pm ICT by ANI
NOIDA, June 2 (ANI): The Central Bureau of Investigation today demanded Dr. Rajesh Talwars remand from a NOIDA court to conduct a proper investigation into the Aarushi murder case.
The CBI team on Sunday had registered a First Information Report in the matter, and has begun probing the case by first interrogating the dead girl’s mother, Nupur Talwar.
Earlier, Nupur went and met her husband Rajesh, at the Dasna Jail.
The CBI team took samples of blood stains from the walls of the Talwar home and inspected the victims’ rooms. The team also inspected the staircase, bedrooms and living room of the house in Nupurs absence.
The agency also cordoned off the area around the Talwars home as a precautionary measure. Around 90 personnel of the Sashastra Seema Bal were deployed.
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit on May 16 in her house at Jal Vayu Vihar in Sector-25 of Noida. The body of servant Hemraj was found a day later on the terrace.
NOIDA Police arrested dentist Rajesh Talwar for both murders eight days later.
The Central Government on Saturday issued a notification transferring the case to the CBI from the NOIDA Police following the publics ire over the case not being handled properly. (ANI)
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- Aarushi case: Police expert fails to explain finger printing - Jun 29, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? Search underway (Second Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Under fire, CBI blames police for failing to find Aarushi killers - Jan 02, 2011
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves Supreme Court against warrant (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- In courts on daughter's fourth death anniversary - May 16, 2012
Tags: blood stains, cbi team, central bureau of investigation, central government, dead girl, eight days, information report, jal, murder case, murders, precautionary measure, proper investigation, rajesh, remand, sashastra seema bal, seema, staircase, talwar, throat slit, vayu