CBI recovers walkie-talkie from NCP MP’s houseJune 19th, 2009 - 3:57 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai June 19(ANI): The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition from the south Mumbai residence of NCP MP Padamsinha Patil, who was arrested under the charges of murdering his cousin and Congress leader, Pawan Raje Nimbalkar.
The CBI team led by Western Region Joint Director Rishi Raj Singh sealed the two apartments belonging to Patil in Colaba, and conducted intensive searches.
According to CBI sources, two rifles, one revolver, one pistol, two swords and a large quantity of ammunition and cash worth Rs 7.5 lakh and nine high frequency walkie-talkie sets, which are usually used by the police force, computers and CDs were recovered from Patil’s residence.
The CBI has also recovered the documents pertaining to Terna Sugar factory, where a multimillion-rupee scandal was alleged to be made by the NCP leader.
The recovered documents also include the details of Pawan Raje Nimbalkar and noted social activist Anna Hazare.
The CBI sources said the firearms would be sent to forensic tests to find out whether the same was used to gun down Nimbalkar and his driver Samad Quazi on June 3, 2006 in Navi Mumbai.
Patil along with six others will be in CBI custody till Saturday.
The investigation has also revealed Padamsinha Patil’s plot to kill social activist Anna Hazare, who raised voice against corruption in Terna Sugar Factory.
Padamsinha who was elected to Loksabha from Osmanabad, was suspended by the NCP following his arrest on June 7. (ANI)
- CBI raids houses of murder accused NCP MP - Jun 25, 2009
- Arms haul from NCP leader Padamsinh Patil's homes (Lead) - Jun 19, 2009
- Murder accused NCP MP in jail till July 3 - Jun 20, 2009
- CBI quizzes Anna Hazare in Nimbalkar murder - Jun 09, 2009
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- Anna Hazare files complaint against NCP leader fro being life threat - Sep 26, 2009
- CBI raids NCP leader Padamsinh Patil's residence - Jun 19, 2009
- Slain Congress leader's wife wants trial in Mumbai - Mar 11, 2012
- CBI detains NCP MP Padamsinh Patil (Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- CBI arrests NCP MP Padamsinh Patil (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- NCP MP gets bail in Nimbalkar murder case - Sep 25, 2009
- CBI questions NCP MP - Jun 07, 2009
- CBI to challenge Maharashtra MP's bail in murder case (Lead) - Jun 09, 2010
- Plot to kill Magsaysay winner Anna Hazare revealed (Lead) - Jun 01, 2009
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 - Jun 07, 2011
Tags: cbi sources, cbi team, central bureau of investigation, colaba, congress leader, force computers, forensic tests, gun down, intensive searches, navi mumbai, ncp, pawan, quazi, raj singh, raje, social activist, south mumbai, sugar factory, two swords, worth rs