CBI has shielded Rathore, alleges Ruchika’s fatherNovember 11th, 2010 - 2:32 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 11 (ANI): Reacting to the verdict of the Supreme Court that granted bail to former Haryana Director General of Police (DGP) SPS Rathore in the Ruchika molestation case, Ruchika’s father Anand Prakash on Thursday demanding an independent inquiry where no police officers are involved in the probe said the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has shielded the accused.
Anand Prakash further said they would challenge the CBI move in the case on November 25 in the Ambala Court.
“Throughout the inquiry the CBI was inclined towards favouring Rathore and his officers. The CBI is shielding the accused. We had apprised the Union Home Ministry of our apprehension and will demand an independent inquiry where no police officers are involved in the investigation,” said Anand Prakash.
“All Haryana police officers are culprits and we will contest the closure report on the 25th in the Ambala Court,” he added.
The Supreme Court today granted bail to SPS Rathore in view of the closure report filed by the CBI and the fact that he had already spent six months in prison.
The Supreme Court has, however, asked Rathore to deposit his passport with the CBI and not to leave the country.
Ruchika’s family recently filed two other cases against Rathore, accusing him of doctoring her post-mortem report, and of torturing her brother who was arrested after her death.
The CBI on Wednesday said it had found no facts to support the allegations made by Ruchika Girhotra’s family against SPS Rathore, who was serving 18-month jail sentence on charges of molesting the 14-year-old teenager in 1990. (ANI)
- Ruchika case: Punjab and Haryana High Court seeks details of Rathore's promotion - Nov 17, 2010
- Complainant opposes Rathore's bail, seeks judicial probe - Nov 11, 2010
- Ruchika molestation case: Supreme Court grants bail to former Haryana DGP Rathore - Nov 11, 2010
- Ruchika case: Apex court grants bail to Rathore (Second Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- Ruchika molestation case: Supreme Court send notice to all respondents - Oct 01, 2010
- Ruchika molestation case: Supreme Court to hear Rathore's plea - Oct 01, 2010
- Ruchika case: Witness accuses CBI of shielding cops - Dec 21, 2010
- Ruchika case: High Court grants interim bail to Rathore - Jan 25, 2010
- Complainant wants two-year jail for Rathore, may appeal - May 25, 2010
- CBI wants to close two cases against Rathore - Nov 10, 2010
- Rathore walks out of jail, smiling - Nov 12, 2010
- Ruchika case: Supreme Court grants bail to Rathore (Night Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- Supreme Court grants bail to Rathore - Nov 11, 2010
- Ruchika case: No evidence to support allegations against Rathore, says CBI - Nov 10, 2010
- Orders for Rathore's release yet to be received: jail officials - Nov 11, 2010
Tags: allegations, anand prakash, apprehension, cbi, central bureau of investigation, closure report, culprits, haryana police, independent inquiry, jail sentence, molestation case, New Delhi, passport, police officers, post mortem report, ruchika, six months, supreme court, teenager, union home ministry